Alabama replacing HC with?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Alabama replacing HC with?

Post by rsbgduck »

sorry not sorry for the misleading open ended title ;) It was Thursday of Friday on the Paul Finebaun Show (I usually watch a day or two after to ff through all the crap) they briefly discussed who replaces Nick Saben when he retires. First of all no one on the show thought Dabbo would leave Clemson at this point. Out of the names mentioned Paul said the one to watch is MC at Oregon, if he continues to build that program he would be at the top of the list. Most think Nick is 3-5 yrs away barring a health issue or major scandal. Say what you want about Paul but the guy has is connections in the SEC, specifically Alabama and Auburn. Alabama being Alabama they are the only school that I am concerned being able to hire MC away. I know what coach has said about him and his wife falling in love with Oregon instantly and they don’t plan on leaving. We all know money talks in the end, but I think it might be different with MC. Would/could Oregon compete with what Alabama can offer?

Thoughts, opinions and did anyone else see it?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Alabama replacing HC with?

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I would be thrilled if MC had the kind of success required that he could be a serious candidate for the Alabama job in 3-5 years whether he takes the job or not.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrandpaDuck wrote:I would be thrilled if MC had the kind of success required that he could be a serious candidate for the Alabama job in 3-5 years whether he takes the job or not.
Yes. It would be a sign of MC @ Oregon doing great if Alabama offered him what would be The Job in college football. Another possible candidate I've heard of taking over when Saban left is former Alabama player, Dabo Swinney.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I still think Dabo ends up as the replacement.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!