Home Game Attendance

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: Home Game Attendance

Post by FlDuckFan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:I agree 100% with the GA comments. Such a dumb move.

Also when students had to wait in line for tickets you seemed to get more of those that wanted to be there. How do they do it now? Do you just log onto a website?
Log into a website and hope you get lucky. And from my understanding, doesn't matter if you login 5 hours before the allotment is given out or 1 minute before, they just randomly choose who gets tickets and who doesn't. Believe me, the student section is awful outside of maybe the first 10 rows. I graduated in 2014, and the 2013 season was embarrassing. One time I was about middle of the section when Oregon played UCLA, and I of course was yelling super loud when Oregon was on defense cause well, I'm a fan. And this group around me was making fun of me and mocking me and telling me that what I'm doing was dumb cause it's just a silly football game and who cares who wins. I proceeded to ask them why they came if they don't care, they just said cause they can. All that season, I was surrounded by people who went to the game simply for the social experience. Literally didn't even watch the game, just used it as an excuse to get drunk and hang out with others. The student section certainly has not been the same since they implemented the lottery system.

Is it wrong that this is how I treat summer league baseball games?
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

One time I bruised my tailbone trying to run down to the first row of the student section, slipping on some wet bleachers. I couldn't sit for like three weeks. Worth it. The student section has always been a social thing, but I think everyone having a smartphone and the students showing up later due to a less exciting product are the biggest differences.

I also didn't like the alcohol sales, and I love beer more than anyone should. It changed the atmosphere. During the Stanford game the guy next to me got up like 10 times to get more beer for him and his buddy or to take a piss. He probably got to see only 1/3 of the game, and he wasn't the only one. It's a crucial third down and I'm having to get up and wait for people carrying beer to walk past me. At another game a guy behind me fell on me and spilled my coffee on my white Air Forces. There also seemed to be an increase in drunk drivers on the way home, having to slow down on drinking for three hours kept more people sober.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:I agree 100% with the GA comments. Such a dumb move.

Also when students had to wait in line for tickets you seemed to get more of those that wanted to be there. How do they do it now? Do you just log onto a website?
Log into a website and hope you get lucky. And from my understanding, doesn't matter if you login 5 hours before the allotment is given out or 1 minute before, they just randomly choose who gets tickets and who doesn't. Believe me, the student section is awful outside of maybe the first 10 rows. I graduated in 2014, and the 2013 season was embarrassing. One time I was about middle of the section when Oregon played UCLA, and I of course was yelling super loud when Oregon was on defense cause well, I'm a fan. And this group around me was making fun of me and mocking me and telling me that what I'm doing was dumb cause it's just a silly football game and who cares who wins. I proceeded to ask them why they came if they don't care, they just said cause they can. All that season, I was surrounded by people who went to the game simply for the social experience. Literally didn't even watch the game, just used it as an excuse to get drunk and hang out with others. The student section certainly has not been the same since they implemented the lottery system.

That is crap. I remember my first game in the student section, I got tired and sat down in between plays and got chided by the students around me.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I wear the Oklahoma game camp-out as a badge of honor. I get why they don't want the campouts anymore, but what I think they should do is to make students purchase Football and Men's Basketball tickets as part of a season package and give them a physical ticket. Oh the Horror for reducing the Student Fees and not giving the AD more than it deserves if it actually wants the students there.