Favorite drive of all time?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pairadux
One Star Recruit

Favorite drive of all time?

Post by pairadux »

I was thinking about that drive against Cal when we ate up the final 9 minutes of the clock to win a tough game. Then I got to thinking... what's my favorite drive that I've watched.

There are some great ones.... 94 vs UW, Masoli's drive vs OSU when he trucked a dude on 4th down, and we converted another 4th down shortly afterwards.

But my favorite?

09 at Arizona. Our neighbor came over and was watching with us. Nobody in the house was sitting down. Tension was high. Arizona fans are jumping the barriers to storm the field, Masoli to Dickson with like no time on the clock. Still gives me goosebumps knowing what was on the line at the time. And the best part? Watching the students climb back to their seats.

What are your favorites?
nogerO
Senior

Re: Favorite drive of all time?

Post by nogerO »

Joey and the gang vs ASU at Autzen.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

Wow there’s been some great ones......Terry Obee vs the dawgs....Musgrave to Ferry to beat UCLA....even Danny ‘s long drive before the Wheaton pick was incredible. Dino Philyaws screen catch that put us in the Rose Bowl....Joey vs USC in 2001, either ASU game from 99 or 2000, MoMo grinding out the knockout td against the Beavs after Howry’s punt return...Marcus to Josh Huff in civil war...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

In person, the end of that game was the most on the edge that I can think of being a part of.

This one was very special in its own right.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Tim Day becoming untackleable on his way to the end zone after Autzen’s lights went out against Cal is the first one that comes to mind. I was in attendance and that night will always be unforgettable for me.

https://youtu.be/Xvlrfl0y7J4
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oklahoma game winning drive.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I'm so dense that I thought this was a thread about nice drives to take in Oregon in the summer time.

'09 Arizona is probably #1 for me. Not only was that game the decider for the Rose Bowl, but their students were already on the field!

'94 Washington, Masoli vs the Beavis, Wisconsin 2001, all memorable ones for me.

Favorite defensive stand was probably at UCLA to end the game in 2001 as well as stopping Michigan to end the game when we beat them in Autzen.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Mine are similar to everyone else:
- 09 Civil war
-10 Cal
- 09 Arizona
- 06 Oklahoma
- 13 Civil War
- Any defensive drive against Arizona in 2012
- Defensive stand/fumble against Wisconsin
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

War For The Roses, when Jeremiah Johnson took the game in his hands (Literally) and tiptoed down the sideline with a Beavis fan screaming, "NOO000oooo... Get him!", over and over.

https://youtu.be/kT5QIi0iabA

Sorry, my computer was glitching and wouldn't load the videeo, so here's web address.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

woundedknees wrote:War For The Roses, when Jeremiah Johnson took the game in his hands (Literally) and tiptoed down the sideline with a Beavis fan screaming, "NOO000oooo... Get him!", over and over.

Sorry, my computer was glitching and wouldn't load the videeo, so here's web address.

War for the Roses was the next year. Only Beavis was going in 08. Definitely one of my favorite CW tho as was 09!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

woundedknees wrote:War For The Roses, when Jeremiah Johnson took the game in his hands (Literally) and tiptoed down the sideline with a Beavis fan screaming, "NOO000oooo... Get him!", over and over.

This drive is even better with Boston’s More than a Feeling playing in the background. Best YouTube ever.