Greenblood
Senior

Pittman out 6-8 weeks

Post by Greenblood »

Official from
@coach_cristobal
:
@MycahPittman
suffered a shoulder injury Saturday and is projected to miss 6-to-8 weeks. #GoDucks
Alan
Senior

Re: Pittman out 6-8 weeks

Post by Alan »

Another redshirt candidate?
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Alan wrote:Another redshirt candidate?
Cal comes to Autzen for the 5th game of the season in about 7 weeks. So he's not necessarily using a redshirt year. If he's as good as expected, I've got to think the coaches will want him available for the UW, WSU and USC games. If he plays vs CU on October 11th, he should be back in the swing of things for the toughest stretch of the Pac-12 schedule.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

In his case it would be if he's slow in his recovery and only plays in the final 4 games. There could also become a possibility of holding him back if other players step up. He's been too electric so far by all accounts to think the coaches aren't putting him into the WR rotation when he gets healthy at this point.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Duck07 wrote:
In his case it would be if he's slow in his recovery and only plays in the final 4 games. There could also become a possibility of holding him back if other players step up. He's been too electric so far by all accounts to think the coaches aren't putting him into the WR rotation when he gets healthy at this point.
Yes, I would be operating on the assumption that he is only going to be here 3 years anyway
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

brich75 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Yes, I would be operating on the assumption that he is only going to be here 3 years anyway

......He hasn't even played a game yet and you're ready to label him an early entry? Calm down and take the hype with a grain of salt.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With the way he was playing in fall camp, I doubt they're going to RS him. Only way they do is if he's a slow healer and he doesn't make it back within that 6-8 window.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya no way you redshirt him if he healthy for the middle part of the season, 4 years at the max for him so no need to redshirt him when he most likely gone in four years.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

wepto wrote:
brich75 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

......He hasn't even played a game yet and you're ready to label him an early entry? Calm down and take the hype with a grain of salt.
I’m not labeling him anything, its a reasonable assumption that he could declare after 3 years based on his work ethic and blood line. If you disagree that’s fine we can re visit this in three years and you can tell me I was right .
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

One thing that can get overlooked is that sometimes it's good to 'preserve' your redshirt. Guys tear ACLs and have other major injuries that can sideline them for a whole season, so not utilizing a redshirt this year isn't a guarantee he'll be gone in <4 years.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:One thing that can get overlooked is that sometimes it's good to 'preserve' your redshirt. Guys tear ACLs and have other major injuries that can sideline them for a whole season, so not utilizing a redshirt this year isn't a guarantee he'll be gone in <4 years.
Schooler
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Sucks but it was expected. Hopefully when/if he does return it won't be a lingering issue for the year. Let's hope guys really step up cause it seemed like he was really on his way to being one of the top WR's this year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

WR woes are starting to really concern me.. Could really used a Johnny Wilson type guy this year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Twitter now says that Juwan Johnson left practice early yesterday and was limping pretty good.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

This isn't good. We need our receivers to be at full strength against Auburn, as their game plan will almost certainly be to stop the run and let Herbert beat them with his arm, as crazy as that sounds.

Herbert needs several guys, receivers, TEs and RBs to be potential targets in the passing game. If he can move the chains by distributing the ball around, the running game should start to gain momentum as the game grinds on.

Also, this is pure speculation on my part, but there's a LOT of talent on this Duck team that's overloaded at different positions. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see some unexpected names to lining up at receiver this season, especially in a game like this. That would also give the offense multiple dimensions by indirectly attacking Auburn's defense on the edges, as well as upfield and making them constantly defend the entire field, rather than playing right into the strength of their defensive line.

Once again, pure speculation, but...you just never know.
John 3:36