2019-2020 Oregon Duck Record Prediction Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: 2019-2020 Oregon Duck Record Prediction Thread

Post by woundedknees »

I do think having the injury bug early is concerning, but looking back at the season Dixon went down, it might be a mixed blessing.

That season, it seemed like one or two high level players went down every week, including the bulk of the WR corps, leading up to Dixon. (WR Paysinger, knee, Game 4. RB Jeremiah Johnson,knee, and WR Colvin, ankle, Game 7. Dixon knee failed against Arizona, Nate Costa had injured his knee in the pre-season. Brady Leaf injured himself early against UCLA, and Oregon was down to using redshirt freshman QBs.)

Oregon didn't have a decent back up QB prepared and developed, and it resulted in a multi-game slide.

This time around, we have an opportunity to get the growing pains out of the way NOW, rather than watching the hopes of a successful season ground to mincemeat.

Here's hoping for a very positive outcome.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am going with 9-3. Losses to Auburn, UW, and USC. The common denominator is all on the road. Arroyo has not shown the capability to coach effectively on the road. The team was flat against WSU, Utah, and Arizona. One game on the road like that should have been a wake up call for the team. I would love to be wrong, but I need to actually see that they are competing on the road. This will be a make or break season for Cristobal. If the team struggles on the road again then the rest of the Pac 12 will highlight that Oregon will never win it all, because can not win on the road. The difference between a good team and a great team is the great teams can take a punch in the gut and challenges of playing on the road and still find a way to win the game. Oregon scored a total of 15 points in the first half against WSU, Utah, and Arizona. 3 games and 15 points in the first half, all on the road. Not going to win very many games with that kind of lack of productivity.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

@Auburn -> L
Nevada -> W
Montana ->W
@Stanford -> L
Cal -> W
Colorado -> W
UW -> L
WSU -> L
USC -> W
UA -> W
ASU -> W
OSU -> W

8-4
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pdxmallard
Two Star Recruit

Post by pdxmallard »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I'm going with 10-2, losses to Auburn and ASU. I don't think Stanford and Washington will be as good as people think. I think Oregon will outplay Auburn but Auburn will get two garbage touchdowns due to Oregon defensive miscommunications, just to be expected with a new DC and a bunch of talented freshmen. And with the WR injuries, I don't think Oregon's offense will produce enough against Auburn's nasty defense to overcome that. I think it'll be 24-27 Auburn. And ASU, I think they're gonna be better and will be improving over the next few years. Herm Edwards is instilling a mean attitude into that culture and I have a feeling this will be a night game. Pac-12 after dark in ASU just is a scary combo to me. I think ASU will catch Oregon off-guard that game and win a close one.
Wow... :lol:
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

pdxmallard wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I'm going with 10-2, losses to Auburn and ASU. I don't think Stanford and Washington will be as good as people think. I think Oregon will outplay Auburn but Auburn will get two garbage touchdowns due to Oregon defensive miscommunications, just to be expected with a new DC and a bunch of talented freshmen. And with the WR injuries, I don't think Oregon's offense will produce enough against Auburn's nasty defense to overcome that. I think it'll be 24-27 Auburn. And ASU, I think they're gonna be better and will be improving over the next few years. Herm Edwards is instilling a mean attitude into that culture and I have a feeling this will be a night game. Pac-12 after dark in ASU just is a scary combo to me. I think ASU will catch Oregon off-guard that game and win a close one.
Freaky
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

That's impressive, but the season ain't over ;)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Can you predict a National Championship soon please.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

karlhungis wrote:
pdxmallard wrote:

Freaky
Oh c'mon, he was 3 Points off on Oregon's score against Auburn. 8-)
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Damn, I've gotten Oregon's record correct quite a few times (Predicted 8-4 last year), but I think this is the first time I predicted all of the games right. I doubt that happens again in my lifetime!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Phenom wrote:10-2. I think we lose to Furd and USC unfortunately.
Accurate record, wrong teams.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Damn, I've gotten Oregon's record correct quite a few times (Predicted 8-4 last year), but I think this is the first time I predicted all of the games right. I doubt that happens again in my lifetime!
I bow before your omniscient prognostications and tremble in awe to be in your cyber presence.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Damn, I've gotten Oregon's record correct quite a few times (Predicted 8-4 last year), but I think this is the first time I predicted all of the games right. I doubt that happens again in my lifetime!
I bow before your omniscient prognostications and tremble in awe to be in your cyber presence.
I've been waiting to hear that since I've joined this forum! I'm giddy with joy and excitement.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Oregon megabucks numbers please!