How far will the Ducks move up?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

How far will the Ducks move up?

Post by Alan »

I know we will know soon enough but a big win on the road should get them in the top10 without a doubt. So far the Badgers have lost to I ranked Illinois. I didn't want this to get lost in the post game fun going on in the game thread, lol. My thoughts or 9 or 10, no lower.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: How far will the Ducks move up?

Post by Tray Dub »

Alan wrote:I know we will know soon enough but a big win on the road should get them in the top10 without a doubt. So far the Badgers have lost to I ranked Illinois. I didn't want this to get lost in the post game fun going on in the game thread, lol. My thoughts or 9 or 10, no lower.
We'd have to jump Auburn to move up more than one spot, which I don't think is happening. Assuming no other upsets tonight, we're probably at 11.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I agree it will be tough to jump a one loss Auburn, so far #6 Wisconsin lost big, meaning to a unranked team not by the scoreboard. Ducks road win over #25 Huskies may get them up there.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

#13 Utah is up 14-0 on #17 ASU at the moment. Ducks will probably be happy to stay ahead of the Utes.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think if the Wisconsin game is the only upset then around 11. It would take more than Wisconsin losing to crack the top 10.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

If the results hold, I'd hope we pass Wisconsin and Georgia (can someone say fraud?!).
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

1 spot
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Utah isn't jumping UO. ASU isn't real top 25 team, and by season's end will be lucky to make anything more than a Red Box Bowl..
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Oregon beat a ranked team on the road, Utah beat a ranked team at home unimpressively. Utah isn’t jumping Oregon.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Also helping Oregon's case is they played UW on ABC while Utah beat ASU on Pac-12 Network. A lot more eyes were on the Ducks.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

We should pass Georgia and ostensibly then Notre dame as well....but we won’t.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

1 spot to 11
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

And we should jump TX, who almost lost to Kansas.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

The polls are meaningless at this point in the season. Were not a playoff team, we just arn't, however the Rose Bowl is looking good right now at least. They just have to take care of business week in and week out and it will work itself out.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

QuackininBama wrote:The polls are meaningless at this point in the season. Were not a playoff team, we just arn't, however the Rose Bowl is looking good right now at least. They just have to take care of business week in and week out and it will work itself out.
I think this polls are a long way from meaningless at this point in the season. Things are shaping up and we are getting a very good picture of which teams are how good and which are overrated. I agree we are not a ply off team and the rose bowl looks reachable, but Utah fans have reason to feel the same way, Utah is a good and powerful team. We have a ways to go, also Wisconsin showed they may not be the team their ranking says they are. So the polls are a long ways from being meaningless at this point.

Also Texas is ranked #15, no need to jump them.