How far will the Ducks move up?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: How far will the Ducks move up?

Post by Merganzer »

Tray Dub wrote:Doubt we jump Georgia since we didn't look too good tonight, but we should leapfrog the losing teams. So that'll put us at #7.

If we want to make the playoffs (I'm honestly not sure I do, but whatever) then I think we still need help. If there are two SEC teams with one loss or less, they'll probably both get in over us. If Ohio State loses in non-awful fashion, they're probably in over us. So to open up the fourth spot, we either need Clemson to lose (and it's still possible they or Oklahoma get in over us as a one-loss team), Ohio State to lose twice, or SEC chaos.

So, it still seems unlikely to work out. But we got like half of the way there today with the Oklahoma and ND losses today.
The Auburn situation is interesting. The Ducks didn't look great, especially just the score that voters in the east will see, and WSU was unranked. Whereas Auburn loses at LSU by 3.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Can't see any upward movement. Need some dominant wins for that i believe.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Oregon has back to back ballsy wins. They’ll see a close score, look a little closer and see two picks and over 300 yards from scrimmage and say that team is interesting. There’s no reason Oregon shouldn’t move up. Ranked teams win close games all the time and are rarely penalized for it, especially when three teams ranked higher all lose.

Lazy poll voters will only look at the W’s.

Pulling this win out of their butts shows a ton of grit. Herbert’s drive at the end was so clean. There was a lot of excitement after the kick went through. You don’t penalize a team for winning.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

They're going to move at least 2 spots. There's also a very real chance that Utah maybe jumps them by a spot.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

8th just keep winning. These close games will pay off down the road.
Return Of the Quack!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Should be interesting indeed, I agree we move up two and maybe only one if Utah jumps us. But will we jump a two loss Auburn? Oklahoma will not fall that far, Notre Dame has so much National media respect......
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think we move up 3 spots. Oklahoma lost to non ranked team. This late in the season that will kill them. Notre Dame got stomped. Yes it was in horrible weather conditions but it was not even close. Auburn has 2 losses now. Utah might jump us and honestly probably will. They shut out Cal and Oregon has just squeaked by 2 weeks in a row.

Next week will be very interesting. Utah travels to UW and Oregon travels to USC. They both could lose on the road.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

I think they’ll be 8. I don’t get how anyone can be penalized for winning, especially when playing a good team in your division. WSU has a really good Offense and will be in every game because of it. They’ve had a pretty tough schedule so far and have been in every game but one really which was against a top 10 team on the road. They will probably be in every other game they play the rest of the year so I don’t get how that isn’t considered a good win. If Illinois can beat Wisconsin and KSU can beat OU then WSU could beat Oregon and they didn’t.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

We'll be around 7/8 with OU, ND, and Auburn all losing.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

We might jump Neutered Lame, but that's it. I'd guess we'll be 10th.

Edit:Wow we’re getting some love. Win out and who knows?
Last edited by nogerO on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

We will jump Auburn and Notre Dame. Two loss Auburn is not staying in front of us. Notre Dame is a fraud.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

8th in the coaches poll, behind UGA. Florida deserves to be ahead of us, and then the six unbeaten big boy schools. Penn State and tOSU still have to play each other. As do LSU and Bama although the loser will still be above us.

If we win out we’re gonna be in the top 4.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GoDucksTroll wrote:8th in the coaches poll, behind UGA. Florida deserves to be ahead of us, and then the six unbeaten big boy schools. Penn State and tOSU still have to play each other. As do LSU and Bama although the loser will still be above us.

If we win out we’re gonna be in the top 4.
Utah #10 behind Oklahoma.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Next week UGA and UF have their rivalry game. Looks like quite a few teams all have their BYE next week as both Bama and LSU are off this week but play next when we have our BYE.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Something people are forgetting is that Baylor is still unbeaten with the meat of their schedule coming. If they manage to run the table there's no way they can be left out, and if Oklahoma beats them then they'll stay ahead of Oregon. I think the SEC gets 2 teams in, Clemson will be a third. Unfortunately I think Oregon will be on the outside looking in. They way Utah is playing they have a strong argument to jump Oregon. I've seen a couple of polls that think the SEC and big10 each will get 2.

I think for now Oregon jumps to 8 with Utah at 9