Washington State @ #11 Oregon (Oct. 26, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Washington State @ #11 Oregon (Oct. 26, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN

Post by pezsez1 »

Trusting the kicker there was a pretty safe call. Yes, he did miss an extra point earlier (and another against Auburn), but that was basically an extra-point kick and he drilled it. (As he almost always does.)

The refs were horrendous and nearly cost us the game, especially that phantom false start that really knocked out our effective run game on that drive. There would have been no need for last-second heroics had we gone up by 10 instead of 6, and we'd been ROLLING.

The D should have played WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more man defense. The zone was getting destroyed all night. Why are some coaches so stubborn even when what they want to do clearly isn't working?

We should have gone for it on that fourth down... but then again... had we gone for it, made it, but THEN got stopped, perhaps WSU scores with not enough time for us to win the game. :shock:

Anyway, GO DUCKS! Stoked we won, and glad an Oregon kicker could get some glory for a change.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow wrote:
Merganzer wrote:No TO's for the Ducks, still no INTs for Herbert, but his TD streak is gone. But a drive in the last minute, priceless.
I'm sure he's okay with losing that streak as long as they got the win.
Yes, I'm sure he is too.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:We won (hooray!) so it's going to get buried, but deciding to punt and then wasting those last ten seconds instead of trying to go for the endzone were both such bad decisions. Doesn't matter it worked out to me, I lost a lot of faith in Cristobal's in-game decision-making. Still think he's a good head coach, but man were those some bad calls.
I disagree, too high of a risk there especially when they need a TD. Pin them deep and trust your defense. It isn’t worth making it easy for their already dominating offense. Besides, take away a BS PI and it’s 3rd and 10 and maybe he looks smart!
If anything, should have been offensive PI and 2nd and 25. Refs were horrendous this game
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

On a spooky night in Autzen Stadium, the ghost of Alejandro Maldonado was cast out by a brave young man by the name of Camden Lewis!
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I couldn't watch the kick live. So happy.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

OregonFan4Life wrote:On a spooky night in Autzen Stadium, the ghost of Alejandro Maldonado was cast out by a brave young man by the name of Camden Lewis!
Indeed, perfect for an 18th Century novel.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

We win even though out played last 2 weeks for most of the games. Seem to make enough big plays to win; 2 int., 1 in end zone and a pick 6. Verdell all night.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

That was the worst officiating I have seen in my life. No joke.

Herbert needs to do something. He is a senior and so many of his passes are just plain bad. I don't know why his reads stink. He is tall but he misses seeing open receivers all of the time. Just repeating what so many have posted.

D is way overrated. Tons of work to be done if we want to beat USC. What - seventy points allowed in two games?
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:We won (hooray!) so it's going to get buried, but deciding to punt and then wasting those last ten seconds instead of trying to go for the endzone were both such bad decisions. Doesn't matter it worked out to me, I lost a lot of faith in Cristobal's in-game decision-making. Still think he's a good head coach, but man were those some bad calls.
Let me state that I love Mario and the rest of the staff. He's done an incredible job turning around the program in such a short time and his energy is infectious. BUUUUT .... not playing to win and punting on 4th and 6th rubbed me the wrong way. It was clear it didn't matter if WSU needed to go 70 yards or 90 yards, they were finding the endzone if they got the ball back. I felt like he was in a Catch-22 situation on the GW drive ... if he goes aggressive and we fumble or throw a pick or even get called for a penalty, we're all up in arms about not playing for the chip shot FG. On the other hand, if he takes the knee to get into the middle of the field for the GW kick and he misses, we're up in arms we didn't go for the TD.

We won, which is important, but the bottom line is he was put in some tough predicaments tonight and the fact the officiating was so awful didn't help any either.

Coaches are rarely perfect, and yeah, I wanted to go for it on 4th and 6th but hopefully the staff looks and the tape and makes the proper adjustments.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

duck58 wrote:We win even though out played last 2 weeks for most of the games. Seem to make enough big plays to win; 2 int., 1 in end zone and a pick 6. Verdell all night.
Outplayed by what metric? Both games have been close, but we haven't been outplayed.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

BTW, WAZZU was talking a bunch of s***. Glad we shut them up.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Phenom wrote:BTW, WAZZU was talking a bunch of s***. Glad we shut them up.
Oh I'd have enjoyed hearing some of that.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

We held them to about a TD below their PPG average. Our D could have been better but we also have to realize that we were going against one of the top O's in the country.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phenom wrote:
duck58 wrote:We win even though out played last 2 weeks for most of the games. Seem to make enough big plays to win; 2 int., 1 in end zone and a pick 6. Verdell all night.
Outplayed by what metric? Both games have been close, but we haven't been outplayed.
Yep. In this one, Total Offense Oregon 528 WSU 446, Turnovers Oregon 0 WSU 2.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Awesome win. Felt like the Ducks were totally in control in the second half so it was kind of hard to believe we were down 1 with a minute left. I didn’t love that we didn’t at least take one shot at the end zone, especially with a TO, but can’t argue with the result.

End of the day, I love where Cristobal has this program headed and the mentality they play with. This is a mentally tough team that doesn’t quit and has a ton of confidence, as we’ve seen the last two weeks. Winning is winning, I don’t care how it’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk