Washington State @ #11 Oregon (Oct. 26, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Washington State @ #11 Oregon (Oct. 26, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I know injuries are part of the game but WSU was very lucky Troy Dye was out tonight. If he was in Oregon wins it by at least 10. You could also argue that if the refs called a fair game Oregon would’ve won by 20+ too. I won’t argue against the fact that the offense and Herbert underperformed tonight, but WSU had a lot of pure luck going their way tonight. Hopefully Dye is back next week cause the front seven isn’t the same without him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

We have a good d, but we re no where in the league of elite defenses like that of ohio state. Not to mention we dont have the depth of an elite d, as we saw today when we sorely missed troy dye.

Seeing how easy and effective we moved the ball in our last series, i feel like we could have been more effctive in passing plays.

Lastly, hearing the commentators saying wsu qb was so pumped up that he puked and seeing him flexing towards the crowd after wsu’s final touchdown, it was so good to give them a humbling last drive and last second defeat. I havent seen leaches post game interview but seeing his face at the end of the game was almost as satisfying as beating the fuskies.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I'll re-watch tomorrow but a few initial thoughts:

-Dye's replacements had tackling issues
-Kayvon was non-existent.
-Our "edge" defenders struggled all night, we miss Cumberlander more than I thought we would the last 2 games.
-Holland is a stud
-Verdell had his best game as a Duck, not only statistically, but just..in so many ways, catching, picking up blitzes, reading blockings, breaking tackles.
-Pac-12 officiating needs a complete overhaul from the ground up. There's no excuse for a game like that in Power 5 football.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

GrantDuck wrote:I'll re-watch tomorrow but a few initial thoughts:

-Dye's replacements had tackling issues
-Kayvon was non-existent.
-Our "edge" defenders struggled all night, we miss Cumberlander more than I thought we would the last 2 games.
-Holland is a stud
-Verdell had his best game as a Duck, not only statistically, but just..in so many ways, catching, picking up blitzes, reading blockings, breaking tackles.
-Pac-12 officiating needs a complete overhaul from the ground up. There's no excuse for a game like that in Power 5 football.
Kayvon's got the burst. But he needs to get alot stronger in order to become a Chase Young type of player.

I remember watching this head ref officiated before but forgot which specific game it was, where he also did an absolute horrible job officiating.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

A couple of standouts but for the most part an ugly game by both the Ducks and the refs...... But all that matters is it's a W!

Edit to add, I was really not trusting our kicker last night, he has had a very rough season, I still don't trust him but hopefully the game winner gives him the confidence he needs to be a solid kicker.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Good teams make plays when they need them and win games.
Nice job Ducks
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

Coogs and Cal officially eliminated from PAC North title.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bighonkingduck wrote:Coogs and Cal officially eliminated from PAC North title.
UCLA doesn't control its own destiny but they can win the South by beating Colorado, Utah and SC.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duck07 wrote:
Bighonkingduck wrote:Coogs and Cal officially eliminated from PAC North title.
UCLA doesn't control its own destiny but they can win the South by beating Colorado, Utah and SC.
How do they not control their own destiny then? If they win out they win the South.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Tray Dub wrote:Classic Chip:
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

OregonFan4Life wrote:On a spooky night in Autzen Stadium, the ghost of Alejandro Maldonado was cast out by a brave young man by the name of Camden Lewis!
His ghost will forever haunt Autzen.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duck07 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Classic Chip:
Haha, ironic I'm the one that misunderstood!
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Merganzer wrote:
Phenom wrote:
duck58 wrote:We win even though out played last 2 weeks for most of the games. Seem to make enough big plays to win; 2 int., 1 in end zone and a pick 6. Verdell all night.
Outplayed by what metric? Both games have been close, but we haven't been outplayed.
Yep. In this one, Total Offense Oregon 528 WSU 446, Turnovers Oregon 0 WSU 2.[/quote]

We were down 14 into the 3rd qtr against UW. Were being outplayed. I was taunted by UW fan. We outscored them 21-3 from that point.
WSU was driving for a TD and UO intercepts in end zone. Then the pick 6. WSU pins us deep at the 11. Verdell goes 89 yds for TD. My point was that we made big plays when needed. I didn't say we were outplayed for the game. If you win you outplayed your opponent. Either they made enough mistakes for you to win or you made the plays to win. In the end we outplayed both UW and WSU. It seemed like, especially UW, they were in control much of the game. But in the end we won. Knock Herbert, but, he came through when the chips were on the table. So did the kicker. I felt we would lose at SC but now not sure. This team has a will to win.