Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Schooler entering transfer portal

Post by pudgejeff »

Phenom wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Phenom wrote:He tried to redshirt this year and come back next year. Coach said that was not possible, no room . Per JHop

Good decision for him if he wants to get 1 more year of CFB and get his masters.
This doesn’t check out, what if he had been injured for the whole year? They just tell him no you can’t come back next year?
Yeah, he's played four years...
He would have played 3 and been injured for 1 at that point.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

Phenom wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Phenom wrote:He tried to redshirt this year and come back next year. Coach said that was not possible, no room . Per JHop

Good decision for him if he wants to get 1 more year of CFB and get his masters.
This doesn’t check out, what if he had been injured for the whole year? They just tell him no you can’t come back next year?
Well I think they would say play this year and help the team reach some amazing goals....he’s gonna have year in and a degree. It’s not such a crazy request. He wants to just reboot and try again and they’re working towards a better roster....at least they’ll help him land
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

So we are playing to win the pac 12, and he decides he'd rather RS, even though he's healthy now? Why? This is why you play, to win games. Good luck to him.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pudgejeff wrote:
Phenom wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

No. He isn't injured. He would have missed 5 games, and then played 2, then decided to sit out another 6.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Really sucks, Schooler was one of my favorite players on the team.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

This is bad news, I lost felt that he was one of my favorite players. I always felt he should have been left at safety, he always seemed one step away from being a very good receiver, just can't get the separation others can but I think if this was his fourth year at safety he could have been a real contributor to the D
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Phenom wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

No. He isn't injured. He would have missed 5 games, and then played 2, then decided to sit out another 6.
Agreed with both of you. He wants a full year to show he is good enough to play in the league. His injury prevented that this year and that is why he requested. I don't blame him, but he is putting his NFL prospects before the team goal.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Not sure Schooller is an NFL caliber receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

lmduck wrote:Not sure Schooller is an NFL caliber receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1... he's not.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

He isn't, but at least he gets an extra year to complete a Masters. Plus, he might catch on as a ST guy.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Schooler has given it his all, even in the years when most on the team weren't. Do what's best for you, young man. Don't want to live with any regrets.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I get it from his perspective but sucks for us. At minimum, he is an amazing blocking receiver. We will for sure see more Juwan Johnson now so let’s hope he takes advantage.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I can't see how Schooler could think he can make it to the NFL, unless it is on special teams. It seems more likely to me that he is leveraging his final year of eligibility to gain another scholarship and a free education in preparation for a non-football career. If so, he is smart. He wasn't doing much for the duck offense anyway. I wish him well and hope there are no hard feelings and that he always considers himself a duck.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, I don't see this as a huge loss. He was one of our weaker receivers already and the young guys are only getting better. Even Addison had a couple of pretty great blocks against UW.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I get it from his perspective but sucks for us. At minimum, he is an amazing blocking receiver. We will for sure see more Juwan Johnson now so let’s hope he takes advantage.
Not impressed with Juwan so far- maybe more reps will help him figure some things out. And who knows if he’s still getting over whatever ailment afflicted him for much of this year.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine