ncduck
Senior

Re: #7 Oregon @ Bye #2 (Nov. 9)

Post by ncduck »

Alan wrote:
Zyme wrote:
ducksrock wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Georgia was barely behind us and they just beat a Top 10 team. I am not surprised they jumped us.
It helps when every single team in the SEC is ranked so every time they lose they can just say, "Hey, we lost to a ranked team". It assures the SEC is ALWAYS in the top 10
BINGO....WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!DING...DING....DING
We need to drop a conference game for a nonconf as we are at a competitive disadvantage right now
I agree! Many, including myself, have said for a while the power 5 conference’s need to be on a even field. Same number of conference games, conference championship games....... start times(?) I know that is tough being on the left coast but PAC 12 at night is killing the PAC 12.......... would they ever consider have a start time of 10:30 pm for Ohio State, Bama or Florida? Not really a question.
If the P12 would win at a higher rate against other conferences, draw a competitive audience, and have perennial playoff success, you will have your earlier start times. Until then, deal with the late starts. It would damage the business of both FOX and ESPN to regularly schedule P12 games in the afternoon.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

While I agree the Pac 12 needs to win games against other conferences I also think there is a bias towards the SEC. As some have pointed out that when you have like 4 or 5 teams in the top 10 every week it leads to them always being able to say well we lost to a top 10 school. It is a discredit to the other conferences when predominantly most of schools are from the SEC in top 10.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Win more none conference P5 games to get earlier games broadcast........ just like the ACC teams?
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Alan wrote:Win more none conference P5 games to get earlier games broadcast........ just like the ACC teams?
I’m giving you the solution to your complaints. I’m part of the game and start time selection group at FOXSports. We deal with ESPN. Trying to dismiss the points I made is like trying to dismiss gravity by using snark. If you don’t want to know why the games are kicking when they do, by all means be dismissive it’s soooo convincing.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

ncduck wrote:
Alan wrote:
Zyme wrote:
ducksrock wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Georgia was barely behind us and they just beat a Top 10 team. I am not surprised they jumped us.
It helps when every single team in the SEC is ranked so every time they lose they can just say, "Hey, we lost to a ranked team". It assures the SEC is ALWAYS in the top 10
BINGO....WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!DING...DING....DING
We need to drop a conference game for a nonconf as we are at a competitive disadvantage right now
I agree! Many, including myself, have said for a while the power 5 conference’s need to be on a even field. Same number of conference games, conference championship games....... start times(?) I know that is tough being on the left coast but PAC 12 at night is killing the PAC 12.......... would they ever consider have a start time of 10:30 pm for Ohio State, Bama or Florida? Not really a question.
If the P12 would win at a higher rate against other conferences, draw a competitive audience, and have perennial playoff success, you will have your earlier start times. Until then, deal with the late starts. It would damage the business of both FOX and ESPN to regularly schedule P12 games in the afternoon.

Being in the south, its just my opinion that its MASSIVELY hurting the Pac-12 by scheduling games that only a 1/4th of the nation could possibly stay up late enough to watch. For those of you in Oregon, you do realize that the games don't even START until nearly 10:30 at night on the east coast and 9:30 for the south and mid-west? Who is going to stay up to 1am to watch a football game? Yea, like no one, which is why pollsters never see Pac-12 games, they wake up the next morning like the rest of us and check the score in the morning.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »