Arroyo=Don Pellum

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Re: Arroyo=Don Pellum

Post by JIDuck97 »

Phenom wrote:
wepto wrote:
maxduck wrote:Watching Utah/Colorado I keep thinking back to Oregon fans, myself included, wanted OC Andy Ludwig fired then celebrated when he was gone.
If Ludwig and Arroyo had swapped teams at the start of the year do you think Oregon would've played better on offense? Players play the games. Huntley and Moss are absolute studs--they are better than Herbert or any of our RBs, respectively. I still think Dudwig is a turd and I'm happy the Ducks flushed him.

The team (and the offense) have improved under Arroyo's tenure. I want to see what he can do with the players he has recruited.

It's also really unclear how many of the decisions being made on the offensive side of the ball are being made by Coach Cristobal.

Pellum's defenses were ranked in the 120s. Allow-a-lottis in the 30s, 40 and 50s. Arroyo has been top 15-27.

And as far as Arroyo the QB coach--it's a sample size of one at this point--there isn't a whole lot to take away.
Great post.
I would like to add that Herbert has had Helfrich, Cristobal, Arroyo all to help him with mechanics and decision making. At some point this is on Herbert.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

JIDuck97 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
wepto wrote:
maxduck wrote:Watching Utah/Colorado I keep thinking back to Oregon fans, myself included, wanted OC Andy Ludwig fired then celebrated when he was gone.
If Ludwig and Arroyo had swapped teams at the start of the year do you think Oregon would've played better on offense? Players play the games. Huntley and Moss are absolute studs--they are better than Herbert or any of our RBs, respectively. I still think Dudwig is a turd and I'm happy the Ducks flushed him.

The team (and the offense) have improved under Arroyo's tenure. I want to see what he can do with the players he has recruited.

It's also really unclear how many of the decisions being made on the offensive side of the ball are being made by Coach Cristobal.

Pellum's defenses were ranked in the 120s. Allow-a-lottis in the 30s, 40 and 50s. Arroyo has been top 15-27.

And as far as Arroyo the QB coach--it's a sample size of one at this point--there isn't a whole lot to take away.
Great post.
I would like to add that Herbert has had Helfrich, Cristobal, Arroyo all to help him with mechanics and decision making. At some point this is on Herbert.
Nothing helps a quarterback develop more than having a huge amount of coaching changes.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

karlhungis wrote:
JIDuck97 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
wepto wrote:

Great post.
Nothing helps a quarterback develop more than having a huge amount of coaching changes.
No it does not. At least a couple of those guys are very good qb coaches though.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

karlhungis wrote:
JIDuck97 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
wepto wrote:

Great post.

Why is that so hard for some to understand, great post! Herbert has been through the coaching grinder.
ld2001
One Star Recruit

Post by ld2001 »

Fire arroyo. The game's not over, but this O is trash. How do we suck with one of the best O-lines in the country?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

ld2001 wrote:Fire arroyo. The game's not over, but this O is trash. How do we suck with one of the best O-lines in the country?
Your take is trash. You realize Utah has a pretty good D and Oregon passed the averages allowed per game by Utah in the first half alone...
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

droop10 wrote:
ld2001 wrote:Fire arroyo. The game's not over, but this O is trash. How do we suck with one of the best O-lines in the country?
Your take is trash. You realize Utah has a pretty good D and Oregon passed the averages allowed per game by Utah in the first half alone...
Beaver troll?
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Time to mute yourself if all you do is bash Arroyo. The bandwagon is closed.
Return Of the Quack!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Close this thread.