At the end of the day a W is a W

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

At the end of the day a W is a W

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Should have been more like 35-10 with the touchback and missed field goal. Oh well.

Georgia lost to South Carolina
Wisconsin lost to Illinois
Oklahoma lost to Kansas st
Washington lost to Colorado
Etc

Win and move on.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: At the end of the day a W is a W

Post by Phenom »

Yup and we've won 10 games already with a chance for 12! Let's go get the Rose Bowl!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Exactly, the Ducks have had one really bad 9 seconds and a game that everything went wrong in, and they still could have won at the end. Right now, the Ducks have the same record as Alabama does, and two games left to play, Roll Tide has one more.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

This has been an amazing year. Negaducks are getting to me--already got in argument with one moron on reddit who doesn't think players should fight for the pylon.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

wepto wrote:This has been an amazing year. Negaducks are getting to me--already got in argument with one moron on reddit who doesn't think players should fight for the pylon.
Nick Alioti disagrees with you. He mentioned on the post-game, that he would understand the reach, but only on a late down. May want to reconsider whom is the moron, coach.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Everythingsducky wrote:
wepto wrote:This has been an amazing year. Negaducks are getting to me--already got in argument with one moron on reddit who doesn't think players should fight for the pylon.
Nick Alioti disagrees with you. He mentioned on the post-game, that he would understand the reach, but only on a late down. May want to reconsider whom is the moron, coach.
Yeah well, he spent decades working as a DC but never figured out that it was a good idea to have a 0 tech over the ball in QB sneak situations. So if there is any coach I am comfortable disagreeing with it is him. And yeah, that was a shot at his AAF 'career'.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

wepto wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Yeah well, he spent decades working as a DC but never figured out that it was a good idea to have a 0 tech over the ball in QB sneak situations. So if there is any coach I am comfortable disagreeing with it is him. And yeah, that was a shot at his AAF 'career'.
And a coach that has coached decades in the PAC 10/12, from an anonymous Duck board poster. OK, I choose your acumen. Get serious.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Everythingsducky wrote:
wepto wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
And a coach that has coached decades in the PAC 10/12, from an anonymous Duck board poster. OK, I choose your acumen. Get serious.
How many coaches have said something along the lines of 'you can't fault effort?' Almost all of them. Citing a cowardly bend but don't break coach as any sort of final authority is absurd. Find a coach that actually plays to win.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Ok Negaducks I recognize you now... you are the Washington Huskie fans from the 1980s. Arrogant, entitled, and sure you know better than anyone else and willing to demand what you want to happen without regard to the work and knowledge of others. I disliked you as Huskies, but I'm embarrassed to see you as Ducks. Go root for Alabama or another team like them, after all, they would never win ugly or lose a late-season game.... Right??

Going to enjoy a 10 win season and hope for the best for the rest of the games. Enjoy your complaining.

Quietduck
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I love having a 10 win season!, I remember when a 500 season was a good season.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Alan wrote:I love having a 10 win season!, I remember when a 500 season was a good season.

Yah I remember some of my teachers from high school calling us Duck fans now spoiled since he said when they were young just getting to a bowl game was considered good .

As someone who didn’t even watch football before the 2005 season at all and other than the super bowl and like a few Duck Games with my dad until the 2007 season , I have no memory of the times when even 9 win seasons were considered good let alone a 500 season and even that’s just a little bit because since 2010 .
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I don't consider anyone "spoiled" because they didn't experience the bad years, but I do consider some fans spoiled and worse no matter how many years they have been following the Ducks when they demand success to meet their dreams and never consider that their dreams are irrelevant and worthless to those doing the actual work either as coaches or players. "Fire this coach" I don't like his style... we are sure to get someone better and play perfectly... not likely. How long did the Huskies search for a better coach and they still haven't equaled the "Dawg father". Nebraska fired a high-level winning coach... do you see them in the national championship now. No fan and few administrators can find improvements in coaching.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I have seen Oregon through the years when the only thing Oregon was good for was being a doormat. I had the ability to see Oregon go undefeated in 2010 only to lose to Auburn. What I have seen the last 2 weeks is discouraging in the sense that while they have a 4 year starter at qb, and one of the most experienced offensive lines in the country they have struggled. One has to ask why that is. Lot of it does fall on the players, but some has to fall on the coaches like Arroyo. Going back to last week, and hearing the talk of how easy it was to defend Oregon and the lack of adjustment falls squarely on the coaches if Herbert does not have the confidence or capability to make adjustments.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Quietduck wrote:I don't consider anyone "spoiled" because they didn't experience the bad years, but I do consider some fans spoiled and worse no matter how many years they have been following the Ducks when they demand success to meet their dreams and never consider that their dreams are irrelevant and worthless to those doing the actual work either as coaches or players. "Fire this coach" I don't like his style... we are sure to get someone better and play perfectly... not likely. How long did the Huskies search for a better coach and they still haven't equaled the "Dawg father". Nebraska fired a high-level winning coach... do you see them in the national championship now. No fan and few administrators can find improvements in coaching.

Yah as someone whose first 5 years as a Blazers fan saw them miss the playoffs in each one of those years and in 3 of those seasons , even being in the playoff conversation was a pipe dream , I fully understand long time Duck fans who believe newer fans like me don’t appreciate the success they have had this season as many newer Blazers fans act the same way , they act like not being a team that contends for the WCF means failure .

Another similarity is they view the lakers( well at least till this season ) as how I view the huskies and don’t dislike them as much as long time fans because the experiences what make you hate a team just hasn’t taken place . Like friends of mine asked me for years why I hate the Lakers so much as they are a joke of a team , and I in 2013-14 asked my teachers why they hated the Huskies as they are nothing but a mediocre team
Last edited by Blazers-1977 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

So how many years were you a coach? How many college games were you a starter in? Has the coaching staff invited you into their meetings so you know what they are doing? Once again we push our expectations and desires on to those who are actually doing it. It's not even possible to use statistics since these people seemed to have created an offense better than almost all of college football and defense that is even better. All I hear is "it's not what I want" Guess what when it comes down to it what you want is still not relevant to the coaches or the players. The coaches are performing in their profession and the players are performing for their team and teammates with hope for success and maybe a profession.

None of them are going to listen and change because of a fan's opinion. The fans of a team may be able to get a coach fired but that really has nothing to do with whether a coach is a good coach or a bad coach. History has shown the fans make horrible choices firing coaches that go on to be superstars and hiring duds.