Merganzer
Senior

Pac-12 CCG Oregon vs Utah - 6.5

Post by Merganzer »

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Pac-12 CCG Oregon vs Utah - 6.5

Post by SuperDuck »

It just depends on which Oregon team shows up. If the team that stomped USC shows up, Ducks win. If they play like they have the past 2 weeks, I'm concerned.

If not for the loss to ASU, the Ducks would likely have landed in a New Year's 6 Bowl even if they lost. I really hope we can pull this one out. The Alamo Bowl feels like a disappointment considering where we've been all season.
John 3:36
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

SuperDuck wrote:
It just depends on which Oregon team shows up. If the team that stomped USC shows up, Ducks win. If they play like they have the past 2 weeks, I'm concerned.

If not for the loss to ASU, the Ducks would likely have landed in a New Year's 6 Bowl even if they lost. I really hope we can pull this one out. The Alamo Bowl feels like a disappointment considering where we've been all season.
Utah's best win is over a team with 6 wins (probably UW). The best team they've played is USC, who has 8 wins--and Utah proceeded to drop that game. I'm not saying that Utah is bad, but they are untested.

The Ducks have a much longer injured list than Utah does. Hanson getting healthy would be a huge win.

Utah is used to have a massive advantage along both lines--hopefully that isn't the case this game. Overall, I don't see Utah being a massive favorite, but we'll have to see how the game goes, obviously. I don't think this is an unwinnable game.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Worried we'll get worn down against their offense if our offense remains as inconsistent as it has been.

Hopefully our WR's can make some big time plays.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I would easily take Utah with the point spread. I just don't see after the last 2 weeks how this game will be competitive. It might be for a half or 3 quarters. In the end the ineffectiveness of our offense will make it a 17 point win for them or more. The lone bright spot might be this will show Cristobal that Arroyo needs to go. I hope I am wrong. I would gladly eat crow and be happy to if am wrong.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

If Utah is truly elite then maybe their hiccup against USC on a Friday is it. But, going through a season like they have is rare. What they have going for them is that they're steady; don't make mistakes and just roll over you.
But, because of that. They haven't been tested, "had to overcome adversity". Being down 7-0 early to Colorado last night is pretty much their biggest test this season, save for USC. The old adage fits here; "the longer the Ducks hang around..."
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Merganzer wrote:Being down 7-0 early to Colorado last night is pretty much their biggest test this season, save for USC. The old adage fits here; "the longer the Ducks hang around..."
Utah was behind 3-14 to Washington, on the road. They were behind going into the 4th quarter of that game also.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I'd give -6.5 and take Utah in a heart beat, but then I had Oregon over ASU, so what do I know.

I hope the necks on Utah's uniforms are feeling a little tight.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Game hasn't even been played and this is the board:
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Duck07 wrote:Game hasn't even been played and this is the board:
Nobody dislikes the Ducks more than our own fans. Worst 10-2 team ever.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

droop10 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Game hasn't even been played and this is the board:
Nobody dislikes the Ducks more than our own fans. Worst 10-2 team ever.
No doubt. The wins haven’t been pretty enough so apparently they don’t count. The routine of “This type of performance won’t beat elite team A.” after every single game is bizarre. Never mind that team A isn’t even on our schedule. When did the point become something other than winning games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

gogreen55 wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Being down 7-0 early to Colorado last night is pretty much their biggest test this season, save for USC. The old adage fits here; "the longer the Ducks hang around..."
Utah was behind 3-14 to Washington, on the road. They were behind going into the 4th quarter of that game also.
Well darn, there goes that theory, of course Washington can't even keep its coach.