BENCH HERBERT!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: BENCH HERBERT!

Post by dd10snoop28 »

UofDuck wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:OregonFan4Life, I think you have a point here. People are being too critical of this idea.

The only reason for bringing Shough would be to provide some kind of spark. The first time I've ever even have this thought cross my mind was towards the end of the 3rd quarter against the Sun Devils (even before the two picks that he threw). The offense was stagnant and a lot of that had to do with Herbert's play. I has nothing to do with Herbert's talent or his performance throughout his career. It's more about rejuvenating an offense that has seemed dead at times. I don't think it's a horrible idea.
But Herbert provided his own spark and almost pulled of a comeback. If ASU doesn’t get a long TD on 3rd and 18, he would have done it.
Hindsight is 20/20. The point is that what he had done up to that game was worthy of a benching. ASU's defense is bad and a change was needed. Same deal with Oregon State.

Look, I've been a Herbie fan since day 1. It simply comes down to performance. OSU + ASU are bad defenses. If the offense is sputtering and the QB play is playing a significant role then we need to make a change. Simple as that.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Just saw another MOCK DRAFT? Has Herbert going #7 to LA Chargers. Dye going to Seahawks. Herbert 2nd QB behind Tua. Jalen Hurts to Tennesee to replace Mariota (poor kid.) Throckmorten also 1st round. Pro scouts don't seem to have given up on Herbert. FYI, they have Chase Young being the #1 pick, Tua #2.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think Burrow has locked in the #1 QB taken and a top 3 pick. From there, Herbert, Tua and then Fromm and Eason will go in some order.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Oregon qb coach?

I think we had a real one... Once upon a time.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

ducks5ever wrote:@OP lol... just wait until next season.
Ha Ha Ha. This is like my Aunt's 2020 New Year's card wishing everyone "one hell of a 2020"
partytime1667
One Star Recruit

Post by partytime1667 »

Duck07 wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:@OP lol... just wait until next season.
Ha Ha Ha. This is like my Aunt's 2020 New Year's card wishing everyone "one hell of a 2020"
There were some serious... takes in this thread hoo boy
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

Some people actually think they know something about football when in fact they don't!
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

If people knew as much as they think they know, they would be SEC coaches winning National Championships with teams made up of two star recruits. And making millions of dollars a year.