GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: BENCH HERBERT!

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:https://gph.is/JF6m3D

Edit - how the crap do you embed gifs?
Try this:

or press quote on my post and see how I bracketed the url

or Click on {img} on the style menu above the Message body box and paste your url between {img} and{/img}
Use [ ] instead of the {} brackets.
Last edited by GrandpaDuck on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

duck58 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Let me clarify, don't start Shough over Herbert, but if Herbert plays against Utah the way he did against ASU and OSU and he hurts the team, I 100% believe Shough should get a try. I don't understand how fans can be so against this. Isn't the goal to win games?
10-2 with a good chance of going to Rose Bowl. Ten other PAC-12 teams wish they were in that position. Whether it's Utah, OU, or Baylor, or Georgia who get's the 4th playoff spot they will get crushed. I thought we would be 9-3 when season began. If any fans have a right to be upset about inconsistent play it would be UW. Would you rather have Herbert or Eason, or maybe Klovas, or Montez. Maybe Huntley or Anthony Gordon(who was actually not so good in apple cup) would be on a par with Herbert in PAC-12.
LSU isn't that scary. They only beat Auburn by 3 and they were the home team. Pretty sure Oregon and Utah would hang with them just fine. Texas ended up being pretty bad.

Ohio State, on the other hand, is probably the most complete team of the decade.

Clemson is untested. One close game and a whole bunch of blow outs doesn't make them a bad team. I doubt they beat Ohio St, but they might be a juggernaut as well.

The #4 seed is a pretty favorable landing spot in this year's play off.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I think we need to look at benching some posters on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I think we need to look at benching some posters on here.

Rescind their first amendment rights! How dare they have an opinion? Kick them out! FFS.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

nogerO wrote:

Rescind their first amendment rights! How dare they have an opinion? Kick them out! FFS.
You have no constitutional rights on an internet forum. We're all here as long as the moderators feel like tolerating us.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

nogerO wrote:

Lol
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

People have a right to their opinion. Other people don;t have to agree with it. If Herbert would make a proper read and complete downfield passes we would not be arguing. To me it is that simple. We all love our Ducks and that is the bottom line.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

First off of Shough was better he’d be playing ..he’s not so he’s not. 2nd like someone stated everyone can have their own opinion. My opinion is some posters in here take this way too serious. It’s football. I love my Ducks but I will never get so upset over it. Nor will I ever attack a kid who is giving his all out there. That’s jmo of course
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

duckfan96 wrote:First off of Shough was better he’d be playing ..he’s not so he’s not. 2nd like someone stated everyone can have their own opinion. My opinion is some posters in here take this way too serious. It’s football. I love my Ducks but I will never get so upset over it. Nor will I ever attack a kid who is giving his all out there. That’s jmo of course
Totally agree DF96. Agree too that everyone has the right to state their opinion.

What is sad is that the OP chose to denigrate a young man who is giving his all to the program. He works hard, has been a model student athlete, and by all accounts is revered and respected by his teammates. It's his/her right to be frustrated but to come on a message board and make a claim such as was done is a certainly disrespectful.

I think sometimes the old Mark Twain adage applies when responding on message boards: 'better to let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt'. We all forget that all of this stuff comes across much different on a message board than it does if we were all sitting at the some bar discussing this topic.

Sometimes it's best to re-read that post before one hits send.

My two cents.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

wepto wrote:
duck58 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Let me clarify, don't start Shough over Herbert, but if Herbert plays against Utah the way he did against ASU and OSU and he hurts the team, I 100% believe Shough should get a try. I don't understand how fans can be so against this. Isn't the goal to win games?
10-2 with a good chance of going to Rose Bowl. Ten other PAC-12 teams wish they were in that position. Whether it's Utah, OU, or Baylor, or Georgia who get's the 4th playoff spot they will get crushed. I thought we would be 9-3 when season began. If any fans have a right to be upset about inconsistent play it would be UW. Would you rather have Herbert or Eason, or maybe Klovas, or Montez. Maybe Huntley or Anthony Gordon(who was actually not so good in apple cup) would be on a par with Herbert in PAC-12.
LSU isn't that scary. They only beat Auburn by 3 and they were the home team. Pretty sure Oregon and Utah would hang with them just fine. Texas ended up being pretty bad.

Ohio State, on the other hand, is probably the most complete team of the decade.

Clemson is untested. One close game and a whole bunch of blow outs doesn't make them a bad team. I doubt they beat Ohio St, but they might be a juggernaut as well.

The #4 seed is a pretty favorable landing spot in this year's play off.
I was assuming #4 would be playing Ohio State. They would get crushed.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

The all caps and exclamation point really made me rethink this. I mean, that’s really serious. You don’t go all caps and exclamation points unless you’ve really thought it out.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

OregonFan4Life, I think you have a point here. People are being too critical of this idea.

The only reason for bringing Shough would be to provide some kind of spark. The first time I've ever even have this thought cross my mind was towards the end of the 3rd quarter against the Sun Devils (even before the two picks that he threw). The offense was stagnant and a lot of that had to do with Herbert's play. I has nothing to do with Herbert's talent or his performance throughout his career. It's more about rejuvenating an offense that has seemed dead at times. I don't think it's a horrible idea.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:OregonFan4Life, I think you have a point here. People are being too critical of this idea.

The only reason for bringing Shough would be to provide some kind of spark. The first time I've ever even have this thought cross my mind was towards the end of the 3rd quarter against the Sun Devils (even before the two picks that he threw). The offense was stagnant and a lot of that had to do with Herbert's play. I has nothing to do with Herbert's talent or his performance throughout his career. It's more about rejuvenating an offense that has seemed dead at times. I don't think it's a horrible idea.
But Herbert provided his own spark and almost pulled of a comeback. If ASU doesn’t get a long TD on 3rd and 18, he would have done it.
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

Phenom wrote:
nogerO wrote:

Lol

Double LOL
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

@OP lol... just wait until next season.