Oregon 2020 schedule

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Re: Oregon 2020 schedule

Post by alxtw »

Not too happy UW has a bye week before playing against us.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

alxtw wrote:Not too happy UW has a bye week before playing against us.
Yeah, sucks for sure. Plus the Ducks have a road game the week prior. Payback for this past season I guess, when the roles were reversed.
Bison16XNatChamps
High School Drop Out

Post by Bison16XNatChamps »

Blazers-1977 wrote:I think we will probably go 12-1 next year, and our one loss will be to Ohio St by 10 points but we should go undefeated in Pac-12 Play unless we play terribly like we did against AZ State

Right now I think the playoff teams will be Clemson, Ohio St, Georgia and Oregon

Did you forget to count the loss to NDSU???
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

gogreen55 wrote:
Yeah, sucks for sure. Plus the Ducks have a road game the week prior. Payback for this past season I guess, when the roles were reversed.
Yup, our schedule against Washington has been favorable. We’ll see if that Bye is a difference maker like it was for us in 2018.

The Pac-12 scheduling office does not protect their best playoff hope team like the other conferences do.

The SEC and ACC with their 8 game conference schedules are starting to piss me off.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
Yup, our schedule against Washington has been favorable. We’ll see if that Bye is a difference maker like it was for us in 2018.

The Pac-12 scheduling office does not protect their best playoff hope team like the other conferences do.

The SEC and ACC with their 8 game conference schedules are starting to piss me off.
Of course, playing 9 games versus 8 in the ACC would help Clemson.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Blazers-1977 wrote:I think we will probably go 12-1 next year, and our one loss will be to North Dakota
Fixed that for you :lol:

At least that is what our visitors here are hoping for, eh?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Bud Lee wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:I think we will probably go 12-1 next year, and our one loss will be to North Dakota State

fixed that for ya Bud...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Pac 12 - "Lets see how hard we can fk with our conferences only relevant team and playoff hope"
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrandpaDuck wrote:So OregonFan4Life what is our record going to be so I can place some bets?
Haha! I'm sure my magic has run out, I have a feeling I'll be way off next year. But I never make a prediction til after the Spring Game. I've never predicted this before and it wouldn't make sense for the upcoming season, but I'm optimistic about Oregon's chances of going 12-0 next year.
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

Bud Lee wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:I think we will probably go 12-1 next year, and our one loss will be to North Dakota

That's funny stuff right there!

Though I'm sure everyone confuses Oregon with Oregon State too. I mean... Beavers... Ducks... What's the difference, right?

As unlikely as it may be, that is my dream scenario for how next year plays out. (That the North Dakota STATE Bison beat the Ducks and then they finish their regular season with no other losses.) It is certainly within the realm of possibility, but the stars would need to align.
:-p
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Does anybody see any parallels between Cristobal's Oregon team and Pete Carroll's USC one's. Both Cristobal and Carroll in their first year was able to make their first steps back in each team's path to glory, and then in the 2nd season both USC's and Oregon's coach were able to take the next step with Oregon winning the Rose Bowl and USC winning the Orange Bowl and both teams finishing the season in the top 5. Justin Herbert like Carson Palmer also saw the team hit rock bottom early in his tenure and by his senior season brought the team back to glory.

The Auburn game for USC in 2003 is kinda similar to Ohio St's for Oregon next year and a win could propel Oregon to greatness like it did to USC as that 2003 season began that 34 game win steak and 1.5 national titles as well. Now Its nowhere near a guarantee but I believe the Ducks have the potential to become to the early 2020s to what USC were in the mid-2000s
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I wish we could switch 2020 and 2021 schedules, I think the 2021 team will be better but will have a much tougher schedule.
Actually, our home schedule is a lot more favorable
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Phenom wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I wish we could switch 2020 and 2021 schedules, I think the 2021 team will be better but will have a much tougher schedule.
I agree, the home schedule is on the favorable year. Washington, Arizona State and USC at home. Same with tOSU. Cal might be good next year, Tucson voodoo, and Colorado's elevation. But the home slate sets us up for a run.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phenom wrote:
For 2020 right? Yeah that's what I'm saying, I think the 2021 team is more likely to be national championship calibre but they have a much tougher schedule. I'd rather the 2020 team have the tougher schedule so the better team can have the easier schedule.