A Lot Of Way To Early Top 25's

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: A Lot Of Way To Early Top 25's

Post by GoDucksTroll »

We're starting off the year ranked in the top-10. Maybe around 5 or 6, to create that big match-up with tOSU.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

There's a lot to consider, mostly on offense. Who's the OC going to be? Will he be allowed to use his own system or will MC keep a leash on him?

Who's the QB going to be? Will they be able to bring in a decent transfer or will Shough get the starting nod and be backed up by freshman? Also, what if Shough gets beaten for the job by one or more of the young QBs? Will he transfer?

The O-Line and TE are also question marks. We could really use 1-2 plug and play transfers on the O-Line for sure. That's going to be key. If we're not able to have decent protection, whoever is playing QB will be running for their life half the time. Unless we can throw the ball we're going to see a lot of stacked defensive fronts.

Another thing is the schedule. I don't expect North Dakota State to beat us, but I also doubt they'll be a pushover, especially in our opener. The next week is Ohio State. Maybe the polls have us ranked high in order to be able to hype that game?

A lot of questions to be answered. I think we're definitely a Top-20 and maybe a Top-15 team going in, just because of the defense and our overall potential, but Top-10?

Ask me again after we've played Ohio State and are 2-0. :-)
John 3:36
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I would love to beat Ohio State. I just do not see it happening even though we are at home. I don't think it will be a blowout but would say Ohio state will win by double digits.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I think they earned the 6 spot. With that said I wouldn't be upset or even surprised if they finished much lower. They are the defending PAC-12 champs until and if that is taken away on the field.

Would I bet on them finishing #6 on a preseason bet with real money? Heck no. But if the OC works out, a good QB is found or is already there and the O-Line looks ok, They could easily win the Pac again.