Best way to watch the Ducks this year

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Best way to watch the Ducks this year

Post by jBeavertonduck »

As the season is fast approaching, I'm looking for the best way to watch my ducks. We've just been streaming for the past year after cutting the cable. Last season, I think we went with Sling. It looks like I can sign up for Chromecast, Fobu, Sling, Hulu to stream or we can go back to cable with Xfinity. We're currently with Ziply (internet only) I'm having a hard time finding if they even offer cable any more.

Any suggestions? We're in Beaverton (Portland area).

Thanks!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Best way to watch the Ducks this year

Post by UOducksTK1 »

First game is abc, so get an antenna!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

Our house has the signal blocked by the hill and back of us. I can only get a couple channels and ABC is not one of them.
DaDads
One Star Recruit

Post by DaDads »

I was crossing the street and a police car waited for me to cross. I waived, said thanks and gave her a thumbs-up. Since then, my signal has been blocked by the media.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Best way to watch for me is with smoked pulled pork. Oh man, it is on!!!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

DaDads wrote:I was crossing the street and a police car waited for me to cross. I waived, said thanks and gave her a thumbs-up. Since then, my signal has been blocked by the media.

I put up a thin blue line flag and the fake news media blocked my sewer...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Chromecast doesn't by itself get you content, it's just a way of getting stuff from a computer/phone onto your TV. Maybe you know that, just wanted to make sure.

Now, if you're willing to use, uh, "unauthorized" streams, then Chromecast is really all you need. But I would never endorse such felonious behavior.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Tray Dub wrote:Chromecast doesn't by itself get you content, it's just a way of getting stuff from a computer/phone onto your TV. Maybe you know that, just wanted to make sure.

Now, if you're willing to use, uh, "unauthorized" streams, then Chromecast is really all you need. But I would never endorse such felonious behavior.
I definitely don't use such sources. Definitely not sportsurge.net. Never.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

nogerO wrote:
DaDads wrote:I was crossing the street and a police car waited for me to cross. I waived, said thanks and gave her a thumbs-up. Since then, my signal has been blocked by the media.

I put up a thin blue line flag and the fake news media blocked my sewer...
That's a bunch of shyte and you know it!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Tray Dub wrote:Chromecast doesn't by itself get you content, it's just a way of getting stuff from a computer/phone onto your TV. Maybe you know that, just wanted to make sure.

I proudly admit to using my parents login to get ESPN and Fox channels to watch any game via chromecast or app on my smart TV. Nothing wrong with a man in his 30’s mooching off of his parents!
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Three games have been announced for channels. At the minimum you will need ABC, ESPN, and Fox. Most likely ESPN2 and FS1, maybe ESPNU.

Try to give the antenna another try. What kind of antenna are you using? Outdoors? There are some new good ones that are nothing like old ones.To check if the hill really does block the signal check out this website where you put in your address and it tells you: https://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29

This is my first year of cord cutting, first year without paying for cable or satellite in a loooong time. I even dumped DirecTV for the pleasure of paying for the Pac-12 network. We thought we’d restart it when live sports came back, but haven’t needed it with the panoply of streaming services we subscribed to.

For ESPN and FS1 we use my parents log-in info. It doesn’t have any effect on their cable, but lets you stream the games. If you can find a willing friend that is the easiest option.

Out of the live TV ones Sling has two packages for $30 each or $45 for both. The Orange one is what has ESPN and FS1, but missing other good non sports channels and only lets you use one TV. Blue has more channels and like three TVs but not the sports ones you’ll need. Sling does have Pac-12 networks if that still exists next year, no need for it this year. YouTubeTV is good, $65/month.

If you go with Sling/YouTubeTV/Hulu live/Fubo I think they all offer a free trial ranging from a few days to two weeks, so that is also an option.

Good luck, hope you get it figured it out!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

YouTube is 65 now? It was $50 just a year ago. At this rate they will be the same as the Dish in a year or two.