Ducks lose Player Personnel Director Thomas Arends

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Ducks lose Player Personnel Director Thomas Arends

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is losing another person key to their recruiting efforts, this time with Director of Player Personnel Thomas Arends leaving to start a new career in real estate.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: Ducks lose Player Personnel Director Thomas Arends

Post by duck023 »

This actually worries me more than Avalos leaving. The only positive thing about Oregon's football team right now is the recruiting. If it even drops to the Chip Kelly era level (15-22 range) Oregon is in huge trouble.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

duck023 wrote:This actually worries me more than Avalos leaving. The only positive thing about Oregon's football team right now is the recruiting. If it even drops to the Chip Kelly era level (15-22 range) Oregon is in huge trouble.
Care to elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

duck023 wrote:This actually worries me more than Avalos leaving. The only positive thing about Oregon's football team right now is the recruiting. If it even drops to the Chip Kelly era level (15-22 range) Oregon is in huge trouble.
He's not my bestie by any means, but I've talked with Thomas in the past. He's a hell of a hard worker and he's probably put in more 90+ hour work weeks at Oregon than I have put in 60+ hour weeks in my career.

But he's replaceable. He didn't have creativity that no one else could bring. Didn't have contacts that were one-of-a-kind. He was on the staff when Oregon recruited great under Cristobal, and was on the staff when they recruited poorly under Helfrich. He wasn't an ingredient in a secret sauce. We'll move on and be fine.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

They've promoted Don Johnson to replace Arends.