Oregon fans booing Ducks

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Oregon fans booing Ducks

Post by Alan »

I can’t recall if I have ever heard Ducks fans booing their own team in the past,. I would think it has. Happened before since I have been a Duck fan, early 80’s, but can’t recall it. My impression at the time was the booing was directed at or because of AB, wanting to see TT. Does anyone recall Ducks fans booing their team in Autzen before this?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon fans booing Ducks

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I vividly remember fans booing Masoli in 2008 when the ducks played Stanford. Ducks won a close one but that was by far the worst game of Masoli’s career, he was throwing screen passes into the ground.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well when the offense has been hot garbage all game long and then after the boo-birds come raining down the team has 2 TD drives and Ryan Walk says it motivated them I'm not sure the fans were actually in the wrong.

They weren't throwing golf balls and water bottles on the field, they boo'ed out after a few terrible plays when the team was playing like garbage against an inferior team. I also don't think that was the worst booing I've heard in Autzen either (and not solely directed at glasses ref Jay Stricherz). The early/mid 2000s Autzen was truly a Zoo with fans and it was part of what made it great was it felt like every fan was into the game. Current Autzen is a social club.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Don't give up on the Ducks!!!!
Last edited by duck023 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If no one booed Helf during the UW game in 2016, then boo the fans that went to that game.

And to be honest, booing Mario about the O Friday night isn’t the worst thing UO fans have booed. Booing injured players was an embarrassment.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Alan wrote:I can’t recall if I have ever heard Ducks fans booing their own team in the past,. I would think it has. Happened before since I have been a Duck fan, early 80’s, but can’t recall it. My impression at the time was the booing was directed at or because of AB, wanting to see TT. Does anyone recall Ducks fans booing their team in Autzen before this?
Plenty of booing at Autzen over the last decade+. One that came to mind is when we lost to Boise at home. Definitely some booing during that game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

06 when we would put Leaf in; he got booed a lot

The38-16 thrashing to Zona had some boos and I want to say one other game that year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

https://twitter.com/jaredsawyer/status/ ... 18317?s=10

This is worse than booing! But duck fans were embarrassing Friday night. A bunch of people watching a game between college students booed a kid 10+ years younger than most of them, were getting in fights, yelling the most obscene things to Cal fans (I was there and could not believe what I heard from drunk duck fans directed towards Cal fans, including comments about raping female Cal fans and forcing sodomy on male Cal fans), and chanting things like “f*ck you Berkley”. I’ve never been more embarrassed to be a duck fan. Say what you want about booing, but remember these kids are mostly 18-21, to me the behavior of duck on Friday night were pathetic and embarrassing.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Fans have forgotten how to act at games after over a season away.
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

OregonFan4Life wrote:https://twitter.com/jaredsawyer/status/ ... 18317?s=10

This is worse than booing! But duck fans were embarrassing Friday night. A bunch of people watching a game between college students booed a kid 10+ years younger than most of them, were getting in fights, yelling the most obscene things to Cal fans (I was there and could not believe what I heard from drunk duck fans directed towards Cal fans, including comments about raping female Cal fans and forcing sodomy on male Cal fans), and chanting things like “f*ck you Berkley”. I’ve never been more embarrassed to be a duck fan. Say what you want about booing, but remember these kids are mostly 18-21, to me the behavior of duck on Friday night were pathetic and embarrassing.

I don’t know where you have been if you think this is new to Oregon. This has been going on for years. Oregon has some of the worst fans in the conference. It has gotten worse since the success of the football program. Most of these yahoos never stepped foot on campus for a minute and couldn’t find their way around if they tried. The “We are going to kick your ass” fan is usually some t-shirt alumni drunk that needs something to hang his success hat on.

Buy a ticket, have an opinion either at the game or on some message board……..not a problem. But cross the line of being a total fucknut, anything Oregon is none of your business…….none. Go buy a Portland St. jersey and be a jerkoff at their game.

As far as the booing goes, the product is to date, 5-1 not 1-5, problems, concerns…..yes. But booing students that represent my school, I’ll pass.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

You should have been at Stanford a couple of weeks ago. They were berating coaches and players with their families ( the players families) sitting right in front of them. It was beyond embarrassing. One person said he wished AB would get hurt so they could play one of the other QBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rentdodger wrote:

I don’t know where you have been if you think this is new to Oregon. This has been going on for years. Oregon has some of the worst fans in the conference. It has gotten worse since the success of the football program. Most of these yahoos never stepped foot on campus for a minute and couldn’t find their way around if they tried. The “We are going to kick your ass” fan is usually some t-shirt alumni drunk that needs something to hang his success hat on.

Buy a ticket, have an opinion either at the game or on some message board……..not a problem. But cross the line of being a total fucknut, anything Oregon is none of your business…….none. Go buy a Portland St. jersey and be a jerkoff at their game.

As far as the booing goes, the product is to date, 5-1 not 1-5, problems, concerns…..yes. But booing students that represent my school, I’ll pass.
I’ve been going to duck games since I was a kid, I’m fully aware of how bad the duck fans are, but this years it’s on a new level, it’s worse than it’s ever been.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ I agree.

Not sure the reasoning exactly, and I'm certain beating Ohio St raised anxiety and expectations, but our fans have been insufferable this year. Just a ton of self loathing all around.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Alan wrote:I can’t recall if I have ever heard Ducks fans booing their own team in the past,. I would think it has. Happened before since I have been a Duck fan, early 80’s, but can’t recall it. My impression at the time was the booing was directed at or because of AB, wanting to see TT. Does anyone recall Ducks fans booing their team in Autzen before this?
Plenty of booing at Autzen over the last decade+. One that came to mind is when we lost to Boise at home. Definitely some booing during that game.
that game led to DT getting the reigns.....
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

jimmy12 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
that game led to DT getting the reigns.....

No it didn’t. JM was hurt on a dirty hit that game, but played again the next week. DT got the reigns the next year when Masoli stole a laptop.