#10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

73duck
Three Star Recruit

Re: #10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by 73duck »

I probably should look at it again, but on the second pick is it possible that the receiver broke the wrong way after AB released the ball? A miscommunication rather than a bad throw?
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

pezsez1 wrote:What a game... pretty much highlighted all of our strengths and flaws. Tenacious defense that is much better than its total yardage stats show, and an offense led by a QB with no deep ball whatsoever. AB was great tonight when he wasn't throwing deep, but man... why the coaches called that play that led to his final INT is beyond me.

Great win though. Wish it had been a blowout -- it easily could have been -- but never apologize for winning.
This.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The other was the goal line throw that was picked by 37 on UCLA I think. That was a fantastic play by the D but also another time where AB doesn’t read the D and tries to force it into the first person he looks at.
Oh, yep! I remember that now.

Like the last INT, I put that play more on the coaches than on AB. Why were we even throwing the ball there, especially with a QB who struggles with reads/accuracy? Just run the damn ball. Apparently, that's why Dye yelled at the coaching staff, too. :lol: Then we ran it and scored.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I swore KT had 3 sacks yesterday but all the stat recaps show him with 2. Dorlus should be a 2nd team P12 DT with how he's played. Jeffrey Bassa had a huge tackle at the LOS that KT helped clean up. The Pass Deflection from Verone might be his #1 highlight this year considering the difficulty of the play.

An odd game for Dye Stats wise. He absolutely made his mark but the running game was effectively all AB and half of that on 1 run. We've got to get Cardwell more reps as we cannot afford for Dye to get hurt right now.

Also, a really 50/50 type game for Brown. He only had the 2 INTs but he had 2 more on offsides "free-plays" and at least 2 more that could have been picked because he put the wrong type of throw on the pass and the Bruins couldn't make us pay. I know in the Presser that Mario gave him a ton of credit for pre-snap reads, but he still has to be hitting his throws. He did "underthrow" 1 throw to Devon and it seemed like one of his better throws but by and large, I don't want to see AB "float" anything.

Ryan Walk did a great job at Center and I think he can get away being our smallest OL in the middle but it will be nice to have Forsyth back to help down the final stretch.

Seven McGee looks much bigger than DAT already and I think we burned his RS in this game and a few others. If we weren't so top heavy at RB/WR to start the year, he might have seen more looks already but he seems to have the speed we need.

I feel better about the rest of our schedule after this game and our Rush Defense. Utah and the Beavs are our 2 toughest games but I think we can handle them on the ground.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Unless Seven is hurt, he needs to be back deep instead of Wright. Our D starters are dropping like flies, (which is a big reason I can’t understand DeRuyter getting the criticism he gets) and our D can’t afford to lose a guy because of ST.

Our front 7, outside of KT obviously, should be very good next year. Sucks we have had so many injuries, but damn if I’m not excited about what our D can be next year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:Unless Seven is hurt, he needs to be back deep instead of Wright. Our D starters are dropping like flies, (which is a big reason I can’t understand DeRuyter getting the criticism he gets) and our D can’t afford to lose a guy because of ST.

Our front 7, outside of KT obviously, should be very good next year. Sucks we have had so many injuries, but damn if I’m not excited about what our D can be next year.
If Seven wants to play offense let him play offense. If Kiffin let DAT play offense he may have never been a duck. If the coaches force Seven to play defense when he wants to play offense then he won’t be effective.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Can we all agree that this team coaches and plays better against opponents they view as a real threat? It was just so predictable that they would come out and play great yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

73duck wrote:I probably should look at it again, but on the second pick is it possible that the receiver broke the wrong way after AB released the ball? A miscommunication rather than a bad throw?
Mario said after the game that final INT was due to a miscommunication between Brown and Williams.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
73duck wrote:I probably should look at it again, but on the second pick is it possible that the receiver broke the wrong way after AB released the ball? A miscommunication rather than a bad throw?
Mario said after the game that final INT was due to a miscommunication between Brown and Williams.
I call BS. The ball was under thrown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UofDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

Agreed, I feel like Mario goes to great lengths to defend Brown, even if at the expense of other players.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Can we all agree that this team coaches and plays better against opponents they view as a real threat? It was just so predictable that they would come out and play great yesterday.

Played great? Yeah for a quarter and a half. The rest of it was SOSDG.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
dthomas=ddixon

#10 Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 23, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

Agreed, I feel like Mario goes to great lengths to defend Brown, even if at the expense of other players.
Yeah my BS detector went off the second I heard that. I would love an explanation of what exactly the miscommunication was. He threw late anyways, so even if there was some communication issue DWill was where he was at that point and AB had every chance to put the ball right on him. Which would have been a TD.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

nogerO wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Can we all agree that this team coaches and plays better against opponents they view as a real threat? It was just so predictable that they would come out and play great yesterday.

Played great? Yeah for a quarter and a half. The rest of it was SOSDG.
That misses the point. Which is that we clearly step up our performance against opponents we take seriously.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Unless Seven is hurt, he needs to be back deep instead of Wright. Our D starters are dropping like flies, (which is a big reason I can’t understand DeRuyter getting the criticism he gets) and our D can’t afford to lose a guy because of ST.

If Seven wants to play offense let him play offense. If Kiffin let DAT play offense he may have never been a duck. If the coaches force Seven to play defense when he wants to play offense then he won’t be effective.
Pretty sure Buck was talking about Seven returning kicks.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Alan wrote:
woundedknees wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:Good interview from Dye, who was the second guy he hugged? The tall blond guy? Anyone know?

If it’s the same blond guy I saw him hug, it was Jerry Neuheisel
Bill Walton...
I watched it a dozen times, still does not look like Herbert, lol.
Let me help.

Look at this:

https://twitter.com/jim_mastro/status/1 ... 3549372422

now look at this:

https://twitter.com/sportsiren/status/1 ... 7251295235

Better?