Colorado @ #7 Oregon (Oct. 30, Sat 12:30 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Re: Colorado @ #7 Oregon (Oct. 30, Sat 12:30 PM FOX)

Post by thatbpguy »

pezsez1 wrote:
We should demolish them.
4-pt win, coming right up!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

I hope we build off what we learned in the UCLA game. It may be close early, but I think we pull away and win by 21.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

-I'll be shocked if Funa plays. Think that's a cover up, but we'll see.

-Colorado's defense is not terrible, but if we get up on them early, I think they'll lose hope as their offense is useless.

Go Ducks!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

UOducksTK1 wrote:We should demolish them.
Someone basically said the same thing about the Cal game. Paraphrasing here- "we should blow them out and the back up quarterbacks and younger players will get some valuable game experience."

I replied that was unlikely given Mario's proven inability to get the kids up for games that they have no business, based on talent of even being a close game.

On the flip side, it appeared maybe MC had a come to Geez moment and let our OC call HIS game, except for the one head scratcher. On the last drive when we ran it up the middle for no gain on first down and put ourselves in second and long on a drive that could have ended the game. Don't tell me that play call was on anyone but MC.

Prevent offense isn't in Chip Kelly's vernacular...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

nogerO wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:We should demolish them.
Someone basically said the same thing about the Cal game. Paraphrasing here- "we should blow them out and the back up quarterbacks and younger players will get some valuable game experience."

I replied that was unlikely given Mario's proven inability to get the kids up for games that they have no business, based on talent of even being a close game.

On the flip side, it appeared maybe MC had a come to Geez moment and let our OC call HIS game, except for the one head scratcher. On the last drive when we ran it up the middle for no gain on first down and put ourselves in second and long on a drive that could have ended the game. Don't tell me that play call was on anyone but MC.

Prevent offense isn't in Chip Kelly's vernacular...
So, your theory is that he let Moorhead call the entire game, then said, "Hey Joe, I'm taking over now, because we haven't run one right up the gut in a while." I enjoy seeing people rationalize that every play call people like is Moorhead's doing, and every play call people disagree with is somehow Cristobal chiming in. :lol:

Crazy as it may seem, occasionally all coaches will call an inside run. As much as I love Chip for what he did for Oregon, prevent offense doesn't have to be in his vernacular much anyway, given that his team is rarely ahead at the end of games these days. Honestly, I don't think it's been the play calling, rather the execution this season that has kept the team from finishing games. It's been penalties on drives to end the game, that push them back and stop them from getting first downs. People complain whether they run the ball every down to try to run the clock, or this week when they try to mix it up and throw a pass to try to put the game away. Everyone on the board has the perfect hindsight to be able to complain about whatever call is made, whenever it doesn't work.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Colorado will be without one of their best defensive players this week.
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

With respect to play calling, my boss is good friends with a few ex-Duck players and they are still closely tied in with the program. They state MC is very involved with play calling and is dedicated to run between the tackles. They don't specifically why he loosens up for the top teams, but it's easy to speculate.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

thatbpguy wrote:With respect to play calling, my boss is good friends with a few ex-Duck players and they are still closely tied in with the program. They state MC is very involved with play calling and is dedicated to run between the tackles. They don't specifically why he loosens up for the top teams, but it's easy to speculate.
So he’s committed to something he knows doesn’t work, because he abandons it against teams he doesn’t view as inferior… how bizarre. What’s so vexing is it doesn’t just result in a few less quality play calls each game, it permeates the offense and results in stagnant play in all those game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

When Colorado played Texas last season, their defense gave up 17 points in the first half with Landman playing. In the second half, he was out, and they gave up 38.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Colorado is a mess, how they almost beat the same Texas A&M team that upset Bama is beyond me. They just fired their OL coach and their OC who’s a holdover from the last staff and was a HC candidate has been bad. How bad are they? Anthony Brown has more total yards than their entire offense. They average 6.0 yards per pass attempt and 3.2 per rush, both last in the conference.

With no Landman they are massively weakened defensively. I figured last year’s weird covid fluke year was not an indication of what’s going on with that program. They don’t force many turnovers, and I expect to see them try to get it to a game where each team gets 50 plays. Like Cal in 2020 - just ugly football and hope there’s not enough possessions in a game.

We couldn’t blow out Stony Brook or Arizona properly, but this is another opportunity against an awful team. The 4 point win seems likelier than the 24 point Vegas spread, but we’ll see.