Transfer Portal - '21-22

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Re: Transfer Portal - '21-22

Post by lmduck »

On another front, looks like Pittman is visiting ASU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I’ll say this about QBs, a change of scenery (the scene being the coaching and tools around you) makes a world of difference for some guys. Hendon Hooker wasn’t bad at Virginia Tech. I don’t know what happened but he Lost his job to Braxton Burmeister.

This year at Tennessee? Lights out good on a team that lost a ton of guys to transfers from the McDonalds bag scandal. 26 TDs and 3 INTs, plus 560 rushing and 5 TDs with a QB rating that is Mariota-like. If Moorhead and Co took a chance on him then we’d be in a very different position now.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GoDucksTroll wrote:I’ll say this about QBs, a change of scenery (the scene being the coaching and tools around you) makes a world of difference for some guys. Hendon Hooker wasn’t bad at Virginia Tech. I don’t know what happened but he Lost his job to Braxton Burmeister.

This year at Tennessee? Lights out good on a team that lost a ton of guys to transfers from the McDonalds bag scandal. 26 TDs and 3 INTs, plus 560 rushing and 5 TDs with a QB rating that is Mariota-like. If Moorhead and Co took a chance on him then we’d be in a very different position now.
You know what name I feel almost dumb saying out loud but a part of me is very intrigued by? Jack Sears. After transferring from USC, where he played some as a freshman, to Boise, he's hitting the portal with a year remaining. Looking at his career stats, they're actually pretty good (like 70% completion, and it's not because he doesn't throw deep because he does). Rewatched his high school stuff and what I could find of him in college, and he's just all around solid. Won't win a Heisman, but I'd say if you'd be happy with Cam Rising then Sears looks pretty good. At Boise, got stuck behind the 'franchise player' in Bachmeier.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:I’ll say this about QBs, a change of scenery (the scene being the coaching and tools around you) makes a world of difference for some guys. Hendon Hooker wasn’t bad at Virginia Tech. I don’t know what happened but he Lost his job to Braxton Burmeister.

You know what name I feel almost dumb saying out loud but a part of me is very intrigued by? Jack Sears. After transferring from USC, where he played some as a freshman, to Boise, he's hitting the portal with a year remaining. Looking at his career stats, they're actually pretty good (like 70% completion, and it's not because he doesn't throw deep because he does). Rewatched his high school stuff and what I could find of him in college, and he's just all around solid. Won't win a Heisman, but I'd say if you'd be happy with Cam Rising then Sears looks pretty good. At Boise, got stuck behind the 'franchise player' in Bachmeier.
You’d think one of Ohio States back ups, who are good, would transfer this year too.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
rockthief wrote:He will be drafted so why the hell would he return to Malamute country?
He can say that he always liked it there but he didnt like the previous coaches and that continuity is the best thing for his pro career.
I'm glad you like the Huskies so much but do you need to be so anti Cristobal?
justin_f
One Star Recruit

Post by justin_f »

duck023 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
rockthief wrote:He will be drafted so why the hell would he return to Malamute country?
He can say that he always liked it there but he didnt like the previous coaches and that continuity is the best thing for his pro career.
I'm glad you like the Huskies so much but do you need to be so anti Cristobal?
Just stop posting and go to bed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I just read that Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez is entering the transfer portal.
John 3:36
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

SuperDuck wrote:I just read that Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez is entering the transfer portal.
I watched too many cornhusker games this year to condone this.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Where do we think Ewers will end up?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

stlDUCKfan wrote:Where do we think Ewers will end up?
A school in Texas.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:I just read that Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez is entering the transfer portal.
I thought he was really good his freshman year. I think he needs to have his confidence restored after spending all that time in a losing environment.

That said, like Martinez, I really hope the Ducks can find a QB who looks to pass first, but can run, if needed, or on designed plays.
John 3:36
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

SuperDuck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
I thought he was really good his freshman year. I think he needs to have his confidence restored after spending all that time in a losing environment.

That said, like Martinez, I really hope the Ducks can find a QB who looks to pass first, but can run, if needed, or on designed plays.
If Martinez is the best they can do, they should definitely roll with one of the young QBs. General rule of thumb should be to stay away from any QBs with the last name of Martinez that attend Nebraska. Getting him would just be AB all over again. The only QBs I'm kind of interested in are Haener and Gabriel, but doubtful that they would get either. Obviously I would take Ewers, but there is a 0% possibility of that happening. Suppose there's a possibility some more drop into the portal, but I think any elite options are probably out there already.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Doesn't the state of Texas forbid NIL agreements for College players? That's about the only reason I could see Ewers showing interest in Oregon.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

StevensTechU wrote:
stlDUCKfan wrote:Where do we think Ewers will end up?
A school in Texas.
Texas ATM. Gotta find more ways for them to spend the state's hurricane insurance funds on the ATM athletic programs...
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck07 wrote:Doesn't the state of Texas forbid NIL agreements for College players? That's about the only reason I could see Ewers showing interest in Oregon.
High school players, not college.