Transfer Portal - '21-22

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

jimmy12
Senior

Re: Transfer Portal - '21-22

Post by jimmy12 »

Lots of kids enter the portal. Lots get stuck without scholarships. It’s the dirty secret of seeking something new. He’ll be good on special teams.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Phalanx wrote:When asked about it, Lanning declined to say if Dalton was on scholarship as he said, "it doesn't matter."

I think that means no. :lol:
That makes so much more sense. Thank you!
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Phalanx wrote:When asked about it, Lanning declined to say if Dalton was on scholarship as he said, "it doesn't matter."

I think that means no. :lol:
That makes so much more sense. Thank you!
Word is that he is a PWO.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Better to be a preferred walk-on at Oregon than Hawaii, which is just in a state of disarray after Todd Graham's tenure.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I am happy to hear the kids going into the portal have a risk, what happens to players going into the portal and no team picks them up?
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

That's the brutal question Alan. I think some will be left without scholarships and potentially without any options as they may not have family means to go elsewhere. There are roughly 3000 players in the transfer portal (is the latest figure that I saw). I am of the belief this could lead to a lot of kids not being able to afford school. I cannot figure out why this isn't being discussed more openly.

The grass is not always greener.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

jimmy12 wrote:That's the brutal question Alan. I think some will be left without scholarships and potentially without any options as they may not have family means to go elsewhere. There are roughly 3000 players in the transfer portal (is the latest figure that I saw). I am of the belief this could lead to a lot of kids not being able to afford school. I cannot figure out why this isn't being discussed more openly.

The grass is not always greener.
I don't remember where I saw this, and I could be off, but if I remember correctly it said over the last two years more than 50% of football student athletes that entered the portal ended up without a school.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

And another one-

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2022/0 ... ource.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Another Cristobal HS OL signee bites the dust. Hopefully Klemm is better at signing, retaining, and developing OL.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has added former Hawaii FB Kilohana Haasenritter, who's likely going to be a H-Back or TE in Eugene. Unknown if he's a scholarship guy or a PWO-type player.
OrTDuck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OrTDuck »

It would be interesting to find out how many of these unclaimed players don't drop down a level and continue their careers? While I believe they technically can split up some of their rides into partials to get a few more bodies in the door, unless mistaken, I believe most FCS football rides are full scholarships.

While there are only something like 15 FCS schools West of the Mississippi, there are 130 FCS schools playing football.

Even if a recruit isn't finding the field at the Power 5 (or FBS) level, he still likely was a once well thought of prospect -- who has spent significant time being coached and trained by a top tier (or at least decent) staff somewhere.

It would seem like prime material for FCS schools to grab up?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Jaylan Jeffers is officially in the transfer portal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Georgia has lost a couple OL in the last week, both former 5* players expected to contend for major roles this upcoming season.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Miami or florida bound i think
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Former Oregon OL Jaylan Jeffers headed to UCLA.