Moorhead to Akron?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: Moorhead to Akron?

Post by rockthief »

Duck07 wrote:
rockthief wrote:So he bails on his team before the bowl game. He HAS to be more classy than that.
As an aside, I hate the use of the word "class" when people tend to mean "dignity."

Class represents wealth, it does not represent a persons dignity, which is often what they mean to say.

While we all knew this was going to happen, it also makes me feel like just leaving last week was the way to do it. Leaving this morning after that garbage performance last night simply feels sour and for the kids in the locker room that doesn't feel as honest as having left last week.
from dictionary : classy - having or reflecting high standards of personal behavior. Whichever, Moorhead acted without dignity or class. It is a dis to the players.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

pdxduck2013 wrote:Looks like it is official now:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ball-coach
Yep. I just saw it on ESPN, too.
John 3:36
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The more I think about it the more I’m glad he’s moving on. He was great with scheming and calling plays for his offense but every great OC is able to adapt to the personnel he has. Moorehead either couldn’t, didn’t want to, or wasn’t allowed to by MC.

We stuck with the worst QB on our roster because he best fit what MC/Moorehead wanted to do on offense, which is a major coaching failure.

Last night felt like an indicator that something is seriously wrong within the program, but I believe the solution is as simple as bringing in an OC that will design an offense around his personnel, and Mario actually letting them do just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:The more I think about it the more I’m glad he’s moving on. He was great with scheming and calling plays for his offense but every great OC is able to adapt to the personnel he has. Moorehead either couldn’t, didn’t want to, or wasn’t allowed to by MC.

We stuck with the worst QB on our roster because he best fit what MC/Moorehead wanted to do on offense, which is a major coaching failure.

Last night felt like an indicator that something is seriously wrong within the program, but I believe the solution is as simple as bringing in an OC that will design an offense around his personnel, and Mario actually letting them do just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley's decision to switch quarterbacks during Saturday's game against Texas, paid off in a big way after Caleb Williams' helped the Sooners overcome a 21-point deficit to down the Longhorns, 54-48. Riley moved Spencer Rattler to the bench in favor of Williams early and the backup delivered, accounting for three total touchdowns during an epic victory.

Rattler struggled early and threw an interception in the first half leading to a double-digit deficit for Oklahoma, who came into the matchup unbeaten and ranked No. 6 in the country. Riley made the move in the second quarter, a possession after Williams — on his first snap — scurried 66 yards for a touchdown on fourth-and-inches and out-raced the Texas secondary to the end zone.
It's never an easy decision but if you don't try you won't know. Our coaches seemed destined to just accept losing rather than try something different. So frustrating to watch. We have way to much talent on this team to struggle so badly on offense.
Was watching a random Alabama fan comment on last night's game and even he said that Oregon has more talent then any team in the Pac-12 so it's not just us overreacting, everyone sees what is going on.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

QuackininBama wrote:
It's never an easy decision but if you don't try you won't know. Our coaches seemed destined to just accept losing rather than try something different. So frustrating to watch. We have way to much talent on this team to struggle so badly on offense.
Was watching a random Alabama fan comment on last night's game and even he said that Oregon has more talent then any team in the Pac-12 so it's not just us overreacting, everyone sees what is going on.
The talent evaluation is true and not true. On the offensive side of the ball, we have a freshman 5* QB who isn't playing and some 4* "older freshmen", but star ratings there aren't everything as none of them looked like they were ready to start for a top 10 program in the glimpses that the public saw. At RB, there's not much proven talent either. Those are your 2 most important positions on the offense and it's run by guys who probably have the same star rating as the conference average. Then we can talk about the offensive line... I, along with some other posters singled that out before the season began that this would determine how far we go. Turns out that the QB ended up being a bigger issue but the OL has been hit or miss this season anyways. If you look at the OL ranking lists, these guys aren't the most "talented" either. The talent is in the underclassmen behind them who aren't really playing. WR's and TE's are talented but no one to toss them the ball.

So yes, the team is talented but the "talented" guys aren't the ones who are playing the key positions on the field right now.