Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Miami actively trying to hire Mario? Edit: MC is Miami's

Post by greenyellow »

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Sorry can’t figure out how to embed tweets on my phone. This is a weird tweet considering Miami hasn’t even fired Diaz. College football is a mess right now due to the coaching portal, as David Pollack calls it.
And with that Miami has become my most hated team. I hope thet get mired in the abysmal pit that Florida State is still stuck in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

In hindsight he did TT a favor by not burning his redshirt. I fully expect him to hit the portal by the end of the week.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Tanner Bailey has officially decommitted. More coming I am sure.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QuackininBama wrote:In hindsight he did TT a favor by not burning his redshirt. I fully expect him to hit the portal by the end of the week.
Why, TT can play in the Bowl Game and not burn his RS and he's the clear choice to be the starter here next year.

The allure of an Oregon NIL deal won't go away even if Mario did. (Or at least I hope)
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I imagine this will be hardest on the OLine, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the WR’s are slightly hopeful and optimistic and the idea of a change in the offensive philosophies.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Miami got its Randy Shannon II. Will see if it works out to their expectations this time.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

One thing about Cristobal leaving is we'll also probably be seeing Aaron Feld and much of the S&C staff leaving with him. The football program is going to be gutted for a bit.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:One thing about Cristobal leaving is we'll also probably be seeing Aaron Feld and much of the S&C staff leaving with him. The football program is going to be gutted for a bit.
I think Feld, Mirabal and McClendon all go. Wilson and Mastro will look at the Nevada job since that is open. Don't know about Chance. DeRuyter will likely not go to Miami.

Lots of intrigue right now not to mention the decommits and guys who will transfer out.

We know KT is gone and I am sure McKinley will declare for the draft. Wright and D Williams may also.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

The timing of this adds even more gasoline to the fire. USC got a superstar coach and can now easily poach the best recruits of our incoming class. (Probably Tmac, Jahlil, Moss, and a few others that they like)

If Mario had the decency to leave earlier and not allow his agent to play bidding wars, we'd have ample time to go after top coaches on the market and salvage our recruiting class. Now, this late in the timeline, we're left with choosing second tier coaches that are open to leaving and no staff is in place before early signing period...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

alxtw wrote:The timing of this adds even more gasoline to the fire. USC got a superstar coach and can now easily poach the best recruits of our incoming class. (Probably Tmac, Jahlil, Moss, and a few others that they like)

If Mario had the decency to leave earlier and not allow his agent to play bidding wars, we'd have ample time to go after top coaches on the market and salvage our recruiting class. Now, this late in the timeline, we're left with choosing second tier coaches that are open to leaving and no staff is in place before early signing period...
In hindsight, he's going to be a pariah over this due to when his courtship began and how long it lasted. He had a team that was Playoff bound and then he let his Miami love affair ruin it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Miami basically showed how not to do a coaching search.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Miami basically showed how not to do a coaching search.
It took two to tango and while Mario can hide behind his Agent, he's knows what he was doing and when he was doing it. That's being dishonest and that's a demerit to his integrity.

After Slick Willie, it was clear - Honesty isn't the best policy, its the only policy.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

alxtw wrote:The timing of this adds even more gasoline to the fire. USC got a superstar coach and can now easily poach the best recruits of our incoming class. (Probably Tmac, Jahlil, Moss, and a few others that they like)

Losing out on so many recruits and potential transfers is what's going to hurt the most. Program is going to be rebuilding a bit for the next couple years. Hopefully fans adjust their expectations and give the next coach and staff some time to right the program.