Canzano - If Mario Leaves, Chip may be THE target.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Canzano - If Mario Leaves, Chip may be THE target.

Post by SuperDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
I don't really see the MC situation as a "stepping stone" move. He's going home, plain and simple. If anything he's stepping down.
By that logic so was Taggart being that his family were all FSU fans.

I think we should just embrace it like we did with our "lack of tradition." I think Pep Hamilton is a great teacher and coach of the QB position. I don't know if he's a HC fit or not, but man I'd love to throw some serious money his way to be a highly paid OC before he takes a better NFL job than what he has in Houston.

Just get amazing coaches to come in period and when they leave, the openings should help attract other top-tier candidates knowing the support they'll get.

Oregon has a long and deep Coaching Tree, we should embrace it.
I'd still be very happy if they managed to hire David Shaw.
John 3:36
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

SuperDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
I don't really see the MC situation as a "stepping stone" move. He's going home, plain and simple. If anything he's stepping down.

I think we should just embrace it like we did with our "lack of tradition." I think Pep Hamilton is a great teacher and coach of the QB position. I don't know if he's a HC fit or not, but man I'd love to throw some serious money his way to be a highly paid OC before he takes a better NFL job than what he has in Houston.

Just get amazing coaches to come in period and when they leave, the openings should help attract other top-tier candidates knowing the support they'll get.

Why? He's as stubborn as they come when it comes to making coaching and schematic changes.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SuperDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:

Not Shaw, please.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

SuperDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:

lol, this has to be a joke
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Didn't we just have "3 yards and a cloud of dust"? That guy still thinks its 1971 and Ara Parseghian is a football god!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QuackininBama wrote:Didn't we just have "3 yards and a cloud of dust"? That guy still thinks its 1971 and Ara Parseghian is a football god!
When the poodles joke about recruiting problems due to their academic standards they are making ish up.

Stanford has legitimate entrance requirements (unlike Cal which effectively does not) and what Shaw does with who he has is a testament to his skill as a coach with his issues at Stanford. I've always thought if he were to leave the Farm he'd go to the NFL for the challenge of it but he makes a lot of money to be a respectable HC there and isn't likely to enter the frying pan at Eugene when he isn't in the fryer down there.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I'd be ok with Chip Kelly or Shaw even though they are completely different styles. However now that I think about it Oregon's team is more built for someone like Shaw to take over. Although Chip would do well with Thompson.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:

Why? He's as stubborn as they come when it comes to making coaching and schematic changes.
Totally agree- if you thought Mario was bad. The only thing I will say is that Shaw is a good game manager.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

lmduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:

Totally agree- if you thought Mario was bad. The only thing I will say is that Shaw is a good game manager.
I think the thing with Cristobal is he pretended to be something else. At least we know what we are getting with Shaw and his offense. I'd actually argue that Shaw's passing offense might be better than Cristobal's. Cristobal couldn't score points with Herbert as his quarterback. Shaw was pretty good with Luck and Hogan.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I'd be excited about Chip if he would agree to a couple of things that he won't. Azz not the DC, fine as a position coach. He commits to abandoning his recruiting experiment at UCLA.

(Few offers, recruiting character and body types with the idea of creating players instead of fighting for ready made high school studs.)

But Chip's going to do things his way until he scraps them for his own new idea.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:I'd be excited about Chip if he would agree to a couple of things that he won't. Azz not the DC, fine as a position coach. He commits to abandoning his recruiting experiment at UCLA.

(Few offers, recruiting character and body types with the idea of creating players instead of fighting for ready made high school studs.)

But Chip's going to do things his way until he scraps them for his own new idea.
Yes, bring CHIP back!!!! At least we will have entertainment for a season.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:I'd be excited about Chip if he would agree to a couple of things that he won't. Azz not the DC, fine as a position coach. He commits to abandoning his recruiting experiment at UCLA.

Yes, bring CHIP back!!!! At least we will have entertainment for a season.
Oh, you want to implode the program? People legitimately advocating for Chip is blowing my mind right now.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I don't get why people suddenly hate coach Azz? People used to say that Nick Allioti's best defenses were because of him. What changed since then? Honest question. I haven't kept as close of tabs on UCLA's defensive schemes as others here probably have.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I'm somewhat interested in this:

If I am Chip, and I have no intention of returning to Oregon, this morning I am calling a team meeting at noon and telling the entire team and staff I am not leaving, ignore the internet, I am your coach.

I haven't heard that yet. In these days of social media any coach who has ruled OUT the Oregon job its my feeling it would have been stated publicly at this point.

And yes, obviously I am reading something in to nothing, but for the next 2-3 weeks its all we got as Oregon fans is to discuss who the new coach will be so I am rolling with it!!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

pezsez1 wrote:I don't get why people suddenly hate coach Azz? People used to say that Nick Allioti's best defenses were because of him. What changed since then? Honest question. I haven't kept as close of tabs on UCLA's defensive schemes as others here probably have.
I think Azz was a very good position coach and helped Allioti aloti in the change to a 3-4. The defense at UCLA has not been good with Azz as DC.

last for years PPG given up 34,35,30,28

He is heading in the right direction at least.