Enough of one or two people stating what the fans want, what

Post by Alan »

Do you want Mario to stay or go? Simple enough
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Enough of one or two people stating what the fans want,

Post by bellsduck »

Id really be surprised if people actually want him to leave. I want him to stay.
I want the offense to evolve and be better though. He has an opportunity to do that with a new OC.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Doesnt' matter what we want, its about whether Mario wants to stay or go.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:Doesnt' matter what we want, its about whether Mario wants to stay or go.
The poll is about what fans on this board want
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Doesnt' matter what we want, its about whether Mario wants to stay or go.
The poll is about what fans on this board want
Just pointing out that this is posted right as all of the reports of him leaving are starting. It would seem a moot point to make with that now clouding things.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Stay and let his coaches do their job instead of him being stubbornly controlling. We have good talent and he is in the way of developing it.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Stay but for the love of god, please please please hire a capable OC.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think most Duck fans want him to stay but hire a competent OC that he won't get in the way of much.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I wish there were an "it depends" option. If we could bring in a successful coach who has a good track record recruiting and hiring assistants, I wouldn't have a problem with MC leaving. It's the fear of the unknown that's bugging me.

Regarding hiring an OC, it doesn't matter who they hire. If they have a QB that isn't an accurate passer, they're going to be limited.
John 3:36
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I thought about making a “maybe” choice, for less than a second. For me there is no grey area, either the Oregon fan voting wants him or doesn’t..

As a young power 5 coach I do believe Mario will learn to stay out of his own way and make some changes, player development and broaden his offensive game plans
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

This board has completely devolved over the years. To think we’d be so up in arms on a 10-win season? We deserve mediocrity for this attitude. I’m probably not coming back here anymore, so many of you are absolutely insufferable. I can’t believe this is our message board.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

5$ wrote:This board has completely devolved over the years. To think we’d be so up in arms on a 10-win season? We deserve mediocrity for this attitude. I’m probably not coming back here anymore, so many of you are absolutely insufferable. I can’t believe this is our message board.
Meh 10 win season against a pretty awful pac-12 conference. The Ohio State win was amazing but the rest of our season was pretty pathetic. Losing to Stanford, getting waxed by Utah twice, and struggled against teams like Cal and Washington. Our D bailed us out, otherwise we should really only have 8 or 9 wins.

Want a fun stat that may show how inflated our 10 win season is?

Margin +/-
Utah 14.8
UCLA 9.8
ASU 8.8
Oregon State 6.8
Oregon 5.9

Oregon was 2-3 on the road against PAC-12 teams. We are VERY lucky we didn’t have Washington State, Oregon State, or Arizona State on the road cuz 2 out of 3 of those would be losses.

With all that being said, I want MC to stay. He’s made 3 pac-12 championships in 3 years. And starting over with someone else would set us back.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
justin_f
One Star Recruit

Post by justin_f »

5$ wrote:This board has completely devolved over the years. To think we’d be so up in arms on a 10-win season? We deserve mediocrity for this attitude. I’m probably not coming back here anymore, so many of you are absolutely insufferable. I can’t believe this is our message board.
I'm not coming back either cuz of guy's like you that cherish mediocrity

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

justin_f wrote:
I'm not coming back either cuz of guy's like you that cherish mediocrity

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This type of statement isn't necessary. Locking this thread so people can cool off.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think the ending of the season is really coloring peoples' opinions as are all the reports of him leaving. Really hope you reconsider coming back once things have cooled down.