Next Duck Coach: DAN LANNING

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Next Duck Coach

Post by dd10snoop28 »

jBeavertonduck wrote:Any news on if Chris Peterson would be interested?
Exactly.

I think our targets should go in the following order:

(1) Peterson
(2) Chris Peterson
(3) Chrissy P

(4) Chip
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
jBeavertonduck wrote:Any news on if Chris Peterson would be interested?
Exactly.

I think our targets should go in the following order:

(1) Peterson
(2) Chris Peterson
(3) Chrissy P

(4) Chip
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Tetairoa McMilan (Oregon's 5* WR commit) and 4* Jahlil Florence both went on Instagram to say "Please don't hire Chip." So there's that.

I've only read the last three pages of this, but I would look at: Dave Aranda, Chris Petersen, Andy Avalos, Pete Kwiatkowski, Josh Heupel, and internally at Bryan McClendon. That would be my interview group, with perhaps a surprise or two who show up out of the blue.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

StevensTechU wrote:Tetairoa McMilan (Oregon's 5* WR commit) and 4* Jahlil Florence both went on Instagram to say "Please don't hire Chip." So there's that.

I've only read the last three pages of this, but I would look at: Dave Aranda, Chris Petersen, Andy Avalos, Pete Kwiatkowski, Josh Heupel, and internally at Bryan McClendon. That would be my interview group, with perhaps a surprise or two who show up out of the blue.
I like the way you think... Should B-Mac provide a startlingly innovative and effective approach for the Bowl game, he might move up the list quite a bit. Almost like an on the job interview, eh?
Last edited by woundedknees on Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:I am very, very glad that most of you guys aren’t our AD. :lol:
Willie Taggert was the worst hire in the history of coaches hired. The AD isn't off the hook for that and the fact that you defended the AD for no reason sort of tells me you are one of the ones that wanted Taggert.
Holy hell get off of that already. Look at the entirety of hires that Rob Mullens has made, hes legitimately one of the Top ADs in the country and worth an extension. He also isn't going to hire someone that Uncle Phil doesn't sign off on for football either.
You are getting pretty defensive so I hope you aren't one of the ones that defended Willie's hire. No, I will not get off it until Mullen's hires someone that is on Oregon's level not some cast off. I took a lot of heat for saying the obvious about Willie and it was actually worse than I thought because I thought a random South Florida dude would at least stay loyal to a team way above his pay grade.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

woundedknees wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Tetairoa McMilan (Oregon's 5* WR commit) and 4* Jahlil Florence both went on Instagram to say "Please don't hire Chip." So there's that.

I like the way you think... Should B-Mac provide a startlingly innovative and effective approach for the Bowl game, he might move up the list quite a bit. Almost like an on the job interview, eh?
I'm reminded of the fact that Chips success was when the current players and recruits were what, 7-11 years old? They remember Oregon the school and The Duck more than they remember the coach. We remember the coach because we're adults but all they really know of Chip is someone who hasn't lived up to expectations and that's primarily how he's been talked about.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

duck023 wrote:
UofO8 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:Chiiiiip!
Holy s*** am I glad Oregon fans have zero say in the coaching search lmao. The amount of people I have seen yelling for Chip to come back is fucking baffling. It's like they have ignored UCLA football for the last 4 years
I didn't ignore UCLA beating LSU which is something Oregon couldn't do. I'm also not ignoring the fact UCLA almost beat Oregon this year.
We also lost to a s*** Stanford team and let Arizona stick around for most of the game. You know, the Arizona that most considered the literal worst team in all of FBS this year. And LSU was s*** this year and ended up firing their coach. These are some terrible arguments.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

duck023 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:I am very, very glad that most of you guys aren’t our AD. :lol:
Willie Taggert was the worst hire in the history of coaches hired. The AD isn't off the hook for that and the fact that you defended the AD for no reason sort of tells me you are one of the ones that wanted Taggert.
Holy hell get off of that already. Look at the entirety of hires that Rob Mullens has made, hes legitimately one of the Top ADs in the country and worth an extension. He also isn't going to hire someone that Uncle Phil doesn't sign off on for football either.
You are getting pretty defensive so I hope you aren't one of the ones that defended Willie's hire. No, I will not get off it until Mullen's hires someone that is on Oregon's level not some cast off. I took a lot of heat for saying the obvious about Willie and it was actually worse than I thought because I thought a random South Florida dude would at least stay loyal to a team way above his pay grade.
I mean, regardless you should get off it because even though he was bad, saying he was the "worst hire in the history of coaches hired" is one of the dumbest hyperbolic statements I have seen in a while lol
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

UofO8 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
UofO8 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:Chiiiiip!
Holy s*** am I glad Oregon fans have zero say in the coaching search lmao. The amount of people I have seen yelling for Chip to come back is fucking baffling. It's like they have ignored UCLA football for the last 4 years
I didn't ignore UCLA beating LSU which is something Oregon couldn't do. I'm also not ignoring the fact UCLA almost beat Oregon this year.
We also lost to a s*** Stanford team and let Arizona stick around for most of the game. You know, the Arizona that most considered the literal worst team in all of FBS this year. And LSU was s*** this year and ended up firing their coach. These are some terrible arguments.
I have a lot of respect for LSU. Even on a down year they have elite talent. It's sort of like when Oregon beat USC on the road in 2010. They were a 6-6 team but they were better than that talent wise. I'm just saying that Chip's UCLA team wasn't much worse than Oregon's Cristobal team. In fact Oregon was saved by an interception against UCLA. Who knows how bad Oregon falls if Oregon loses to UCLA.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

UofO8 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
I mean, regardless you should get off it because even though he was bad, saying he was the "worst hire in the history of coaches hired" is one of the dumbest hyperbolic statements I have seen in a while lol
No I think I'm pretty accurate. There has been a lot of bad coaches but there has never been a bad coach that had a bad year and thought he was successful enough to leave for his dream job.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck023 wrote:No I think I'm pretty accurate. There has been a lot of bad coaches but there has never been a bad coach that had a bad year and thought he was successful enough to leave for his dream job.
You weren't even a poster when Taggart was hired, nobody cares what you thought about his hire.

Meanwhile, OF4L did get his insider info dignity back when he told us all about Keith Hayward being a coach back when Taggart was hired. There are good posters on here, don't act like jerk when you disagree with others on here.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

That’s actually hilarious recruits are opening campaigning against Chip ha.

What do you like about Avalos? He was one of the first guys who came to mind then I looked and saw he only went 7-5 at BSU this year… They did beat both BYU and Fresno though, and only lost by 1 to Okie St.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Bellotti's Mustache
One Star Recruit

Post by Mike Bellotti's Mustache »

USC kept their coach search/interviews very quiet. I wonder if Oregon will be able to do the same.

Anyone have any guesses as to when a coach would be announced? I would think they would need to move pretty fast to keep the class together and have some time before 12/15....
"Dyer Was Down"
'00 Alum, "Frat" guy, Go Ducks
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Sounds like Rob isn't going to cut any corners and be direct in his approach.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Trying to look on the bright side of the situation, we can finally get rid of some of the position coaches that Mario hire that he "trusted" that were under performers but Mario refused to fire.