Alamo Bowl: #14 Oregon v #16 Oklahoma (Dec. 29 5:15 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Re: Alamo Bowl: #14 Oregon v #16 Oklahoma (Dec. 29 5:15 PM E

Post by lmduck »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Genuinely curious. Is ANYONE interested in and care about this game AT ALL? I'm sure once kickoff starts I'll be engaged but I am totally disinterested at the moment.
I think for the fan base in general it’ll largely depend on who starts at QB.
Ty Thompson being the first to tweet Stay The Course means you make that boy QB1 right now and do the best to build as much camaraderie on the team as you can for guys to Stay The Course.
Did he tweet 'stay the course"? I assume that's what you meant but just checking.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lmduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Genuinely curious. Is ANYONE interested in and care about this game AT ALL? I'm sure once kickoff starts I'll be engaged but I am totally disinterested at the moment.
I think for the fan base in general it’ll largely depend on who starts at QB.
Ty Thompson being the first to tweet Stay The Course means you make that boy QB1 right now and do the best to build as much camaraderie on the team as you can for guys to Stay The Course.
Did he tweet 'stay the course"? I assume that's what you meant but just checking.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The more I think about it, I will be ecstatic if the players rally together and win this game. I have a genuine interest in rooting for that specific outcome now.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck07 wrote:The more I think about it, I will be ecstatic if the players rally together and win this game. I have a genuine interest in rooting for that specific outcome now.
Yep, the players who stick and play and are more committed to Oregon than MC will have my attention and support.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:The more I think about it, I will be ecstatic if the players rally together and win this game. I have a genuine interest in rooting for that specific outcome now.
Yep, the players who stick and play and are more committed to Oregon than MC will have my attention and support.
I love it that TT stepped up into that leadership role. Hopefully, more like him will follow.

Go Ducks!!

"Stay The Course"
John 3:36
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

greenyellow wrote:
I think just about the entire fanbase isn't even worried about the bowl game now.
More worried about hiring a coach and staff and retaining and signing recruits than the bowl game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

alxtw wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
I think just about the entire fanbase isn't even worried about the bowl game now.
More worried about hiring a coach and staff and retaining and signing recruits than the bowl game.
Losing half a recruiting class won't be as big of a blow as losing up to 20 young transfers from within the program as has been alleged. Having open spaces after Spring Practices when another round of transfers across the Country happens could also mean we can target a few more upperclassmen to try and create more roster balance.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Apparently Mike Belloti himself is offering to be the head-coach for this game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/247Sports/st ... 7959192576

2004-06 all over again.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:
alxtw wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Losing half a recruiting class won't be as big of a blow as losing up to 20 young transfers from within the program as has been alleged. Having open spaces after Spring Practices when another round of transfers across the Country happens could also mean we can target a few more upperclassmen to try and create more roster balance.
It all depends on who we bring in as HC, and how soon. If it’s a guy with some charisma that galvanized the team we might see very many transfer out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Apparently Mike Belloti himself is offering to be the head-coach for this game.
This would be epic!!!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

SuperDuck wrote:Bob Stoops is a defensive minded coach. I'd think he'd try to model what Utah did against us because it's a proven plan, but the Oklahoma defense isn't nearly as good as Utah's, so I can see the Ducks being able to move the ball.

It could end up being a high scoring affair. Oklahoma will likely be favored.
Depends on who our starting QB is...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

I will be curious who the starting QB for the bowl game is going to be.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

brich75 wrote:I will be curious who the starting QB for the bowl game is going to be.
At this point I actually say AB. Why trash TT's confidence with barely any game experience? Oklahoma is no joke. In my opinion they are nearly a playoff team, they would destroy a rookie quarterback. Just throw AB out there and get this year over with. In this case, he does actually give us the best chance of winning. Its way to late to get TT any realistic game experience except getting chewed up by Oklahoma's defense.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

DuckzRule wrote:Apparently Mike Belloti himself is offering to be the head-coach for this game.

2004-06 all over again.
It won't be him...

https://mobile.twitter.com/akili_smith/ ... 1643427843
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

DuckzRule wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:Apparently Mike Belloti himself is offering to be the head-coach for this game.

2004-06 all over again.
It won't be him...

https://mobile.twitter.com/akili_smith/ ... 1643427843
Maybe we’ll actually throw it now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk