Duck's should double down

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Duck's should double down

Post by duck023 »

As much as I don't want to get burned again I do think it would be better for Oregon to become a pit stop for Alabama assistant coaches to become a head coach before they go to the program they really want to go to. If Oregon hires Pete Golding or Charles Kelly they might not stick around as long as someone like Wilcox would but Oregon would win a lot more with Alabama assistants making their head coaching debuts at Oregon.
wlduck
Sophomore

Re: Duck's should double down

Post by wlduck »

duck023 wrote:As much as I don't want to get burned again I do think it would be better for Oregon to become a pit stop for Alabama assistant coaches to become a head coach before they go to the program they really want to go to. If Oregon hires Pete Golding or Charles Kelly they might not stick around as long as someone like Wilcox would but Oregon would win a lot more with Alabama assistants making their head coaching debuts at Oregon.
If a coach leaves a program in better shape than when he got there, people shouldn’t bitch. I don’t know if either of those guys move the needle, but totally agree you can’t hire based on fear that they’ll leave.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

wlduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:As much as I don't want to get burned again I do think it would be better for Oregon to become a pit stop for Alabama assistant coaches to become a head coach before they go to the program they really want to go to. If Oregon hires Pete Golding or Charles Kelly they might not stick around as long as someone like Wilcox would but Oregon would win a lot more with Alabama assistants making their head coaching debuts at Oregon.
If a coach leaves a program in better shape than when he got there, people shouldn’t bitch. I don’t know if either of those guys move the needle, but totally agree you can’t hire based on fear that they’ll leave.
I'll bitch a little about Cristobal but at the same time I think Oregon has to continue down this path and not be afraid of east coast guys just because they'll leave Oregon a few years earlier than a west coast guy would.
Skyhooker
Junior
GM: Philadelphia 76ers

Post by Skyhooker »

wlduck wrote:
I agree with this.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Skyhooker wrote:
wlduck wrote:
I agree with this.
Off-topic but all of your posts must be in the Sim League right?
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

duck023 wrote:
wlduck wrote:
I'll bitch a little about Cristobal but at the same time I think Oregon has to continue down this path and not be afraid of east coast guys just because they'll leave Oregon a few years earlier than a west coast guy would.
I thought about it and I'm definitely tripling down on this. Even if Mullens hired his brother from another mother that got fired from Florida I'd be ok with it more so than a mediocre coach that happens to be closer. My first choice would be going after the best Alabama assistant or going after the Baylor or Iowa St head coach.