OregonFan4Life
All-American

Mario Cristobal interview on John Canzano

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Mario Cristobal interview on John Canzano

Post by pezsez1 »

Good interview. He didn't have to do that, and most coaches wouldn't even think about it.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Best and most gracious exit interview I've ever heard. wow.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Why is Canzano's voice so high?
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

For sure. Nothing groundbreaking. But I think it goes to show that he really is/was a stand up guy. I don't think any love he showed to Oregon was manufactured. I think it is genuine.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Agree- that was a really professional interview and MC handled it very well. He was gracious and came across very honest.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Agree. He didn't have to, there is nothing in it for him, but it shows he truly is a standup guy.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I told myself the moment he chooses Miami over Oregon is the moment I stop defending him. I'll save my classiness for someone who respects my football team and say DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU!!!! He gave two games away every year and we'll see how the Miami fans react to that.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I'm okay with Mario, and also with him leaving. I think Oregon recruiting will suffer, but I'm weary of worrying about it. Maybe the administration has learned something now about spending money to hire good recruiters on the coaching staff. If so, I feel like Oregon will recover quickly. I will not miss the terrible offense Mario brought with him, and hopefully the Oregon brand on offense can be revived. I wish Mario well, and I will be shocked if he does much of anything at Miami to make us long for him.

Let's get a regional guy next time, so maybe he won't leave to get his 'dream job' somewhere else.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

That was pretty cool of him; shows he really cares and wants to do the right thing, even if he kind of bungled it. I’ll definitely miss having a coach with his passion and love for the game and his players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Won’t listen to or read anything that so called journalist puts out. Stand up of MC to go on his show. Was he asked about lying to players and the media? Or was that question overlooked?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

duckfan96 wrote:Won’t listen to or read anything that so called journalist puts out. Stand up of MC to go on his show. Was he asked about lying to players and the media? Or was that question overlooked?
No one asks those questions ever. How about this one - how long were you negotiating with Miami? There are more of course including what did you tell recruits during this time? Go ahead and confront the coaches.