Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Post by Alan »

I didn’t see where this was posted elsewhere, if posted please combine or delete.

I believe we will certainly lose Mirabel, Mastro? Big Joe? Feld? Thoughts or reality? Just want to keep track on how big of the hit the Ducks take with this change.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Which coaches do we lose with Cristabol?

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:I didn’t see where this was posted elsewhere, if posted please combine or delete.

I believe we will certainly lose Mirabel, Mastro? Big Joe? Feld? Thoughts or reality? Just want to keep track on how big of the hit the Ducks take with this change.
Mirabel and Bobby Williams are gone. Feld and other support staff that Mario brought on are likely gone too.

Mastro and Ken Wilson might end up at Nevada.

Obviously McClendon is not going to Miami as he appears to be angling for a potential promotion by staying. It will just come down also to who the next HC is and who they decide to retain. We have more Defensive Coaches on the team right now than Offensive Coaches. Nate Costa is probably getting a temp promotion to cover for the empty coaching slots.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:I didn’t see where this was posted elsewhere, if posted please combine or delete.

I would not be surprised to see Mastro and Wilson look at the HC job at Nevada. Norvell left for Colorado State. Mirabel will go to Miami for sure. I think Feld will too. There have been some interesting comments on various message boards by some (of course anonymous) who think Feld over trained the team and that was the cause of so many injuries this year. True or false I don't know as I have zero expertise in that realm but an interesting point for sure.

Back to the subject at hand, Salavea could be an interesting one. I have heard from a number of people close to the program that Joe does not desire to be a head coach. He really likes what he does now. Also have heard he does not want to uproot his family again. Interesting that McClendon will serve as the bowl coach. He is a good coach and a very good recruiter. I know when a new coach is hired they like to bring in their own guys but BMac could be one that gets a look to be retained. He is very well liked by the players and could be an asset to a new coach who will need to hit the ground hard to save the recruiting class.
Hard to say what happens with Rod Chance. One person who might be retained is Don Johnson who is the recruting coordinator. Right now he trying to be a steadying force for the team.

Assume Mario will start making some offers very soon as he will want to hit the ground recruiting and I am sure he will try and convince some of the guys that committed to Oregon to take a look at Miami.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

lmduck wrote:

I would not be surprised to see Mastro and Wilson look at the HC job at Nevada. Norvell left for Colorado State. Mirabel will go to Miami for sure. I think Feld will too. There have been some interesting comments on various message boards by some (of course anonymous) who think Feld over trained the team and that was the cause of so many injuries this year. True or false I don't know as I have zero expertise in that realm but an interesting point for sure.

Back to the subject at hand, Salavea could be an interesting one. I have heard from a number of people close to the program that Joe does not desire to be a head coach. He really likes what he does now. Also have heard he does not want to uproot his family again. Interesting that McClendon will serve as the bowl coach. He is a good coach and a very good recruiter. I know when a new coach is hired they like to bring in their own guys but BMac could be one that gets a look to be retained. He is very well liked by the players and could be an asset to a new coach who will need to hit the ground hard to save the recruiting class.
Hard to say what happens with Rod Chance. One person who might be retained is Don Johnson who is the recruting coordinator. Right now he trying to be a steadying force for the team.

Assume Mario will start making some offers very soon as he will want to hit the ground recruiting and I am sure he will try and convince some of the guys that committed to Oregon to take a look at Miami.
This is always one of the more fascinating aspects of these coaching changes. The new coach always has his guys but some of the existing staff may be upgrades over who he currently has, and of course the stabilizing factor of keeping certain coaches around. I wonder if Mullen gives some recommendations as well on who they’d like kept around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
lmduck wrote:

This is always one of the more fascinating aspects of these coaching changes. The new coach always has his guys but some of the existing staff may be upgrades over who he currently has, and of course the stabilizing factor of keeping certain coaches around. I wonder if Mullen gives some recommendations as well on who they’d like kept around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I have heard Mullens does not get too involved in the process of hiring asst coaches. He is pretty hands off in that sense and lets the head coach make that decison. Certainly he has say on the financial aspects and makes sure the candidate meets all the requirements and passes all the background checks and other non-coaching aspects they look at. I have seen the vetting process for asst coaches and it's very comprehensive. Way more than ' can this guy teach zone coverage'? The new guy may give guys like BMac and Costa a shot. Hard to say.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I won’t miss Mirabal.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I won’t miss Mirabal.
600k per year to have a jockey coach an offensive line to mediocre results? Yeah, I guess I won’t miss that either.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
600k per year to have a jockey coach an offensive line to mediocre results? Yeah, I guess I won’t miss that either.
Wow he does look like a jockey :lol: :lol: :lol:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
He's always reminded me a bit of Neal Zoumboukos, Oregon's OL coach before Steve Greatwood.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

:lol:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

greenyellow wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
He's always reminded me a bit of Neal Zoumboukos, Oregon's OL coach before Steve Greatwood.
https://mobile.twitter.com/coachmirabal ... 3139167232
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/coachmirabal ... 3139167232
Very happy to see him and bobby williams leave.
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Post by woundedknees »

This guy?

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Post by buckmarkduck »

Really only want to keep Mac and Wilson, and maybe big Joe. But he really sucks at recruiting