Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Re: Which coaches do we lose with Cristobal?

Post by RanDux »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Lanning has very limited experience/tenure so he probably doesn’t have a huge network of fellow coaches. That’s part of the speculation on how news about him being a candidate was leaked.

Maybe BMac stays on as WR coach with a co-OC title it Lanning brings this Dillingham fellow.

BMac did get demoted by Will Muschamp, who’s at UGA now - but it was to save his skin by doing something. BMac’s 2018 SCAR offense averaged over 30 PPG, only team they’ve had in seven years since Spurrier left to average over 23.
How is BMac at recruiting?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

RanDux wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Lanning has very limited experience/tenure so he probably doesn’t have a huge network of fellow coaches. That’s part of the speculation on how news about him being a candidate was leaked.

Maybe BMac stays on as WR coach with a co-OC title it Lanning brings this Dillingham fellow.

BMac did get demoted by Will Muschamp, who’s at UGA now - but it was to save his skin by doing something. BMac’s 2018 SCAR offense averaged over 30 PPG, only team they’ve had in seven years since Spurrier left to average over 23.

Recruiting is pretty much the entire reason he was brought on.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Moorhead is taking a GA with him to Akron.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

RanDux wrote:

McClendon was the 2014 national recruiter of the year, finishing atop the rankings. The 2015 recruiter of the year was Cristobal. Link: https://247sports.com/Season/2014-Footb ... hRankings/

He had five 5-star commits, including getting RBs Nick Chubb and Sony Michel in the same cycle. I think it’s safe to say he’s an elite recruiter. Other notable recruits, not necessarily by ranking: Todd Gurley, Jaycee Horn, Tae Crowder.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Looks like McClendon is headed to Miami.

I think that leaves Mastro, Big Joe, and Chance as the only coaches with unknown destinations now. With 2/3 DL commits signing and with Tucker choosing to sign, I wonder if that means that Big Joe and Chance are staying?

Wilson kept Nevada's RB coach but didn't announce the position he would be coaching, so I wonder if Mastro will be announced as their OC/RB coach after the bowl game...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Mastro won't be following MC to Miami due to family health issues.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Interesting that Mario cannot get an OC to come to Miami...
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It'd make my day if Mastro ended up going to Miami as OC.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Mastro isn't going to be coaching this season.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:Mastro isn't going to be coaching this season.
THere are some serious health issues in his family at this time and he does not want to leave the west coast. Not sure if he is still living in Eugene but certainly hope that everything works out for his family.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Duck07 wrote:Interesting that Mario cannot get an OC to come to Miami...
If you were an OC, would you go to work for Mario? Moorhead is a very good coordinator and Mario made him look below average. He went from coaching one of the top offenses in the Big-10 to coaching at Akron.

If this doesn’t speak volumes….Nah. I’m all good. I think I stay at Toledo, but thanks for the offer.

And how is Van Dyke not in the portal yet? Mario's offense will cost him millions in draft money.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

No one wants to work for a stubborn micromanager. He’s going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for OCs until he repairs his reputation in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

northbeachsf wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Interesting that Mario cannot get an OC to come to Miami...
If you were an OC, would you go to work for Mario? Moorhead is a very good coordinator and Mario made him look below average. He went from coaching one of the top offenses in the Big-10 to coaching at Akron.

If this doesn’t speak volumes….Nah. I’m all good. I think I stay at Toledo, but thanks for the offer.

And how is Van Dyke not in the portal yet? Mario's offense will cost him millions in draft money.
Well I think the obvious is that adults can see through the "sales pitch" of Mario whereas its not the same for the players.

What I'm going to be interested in watching is to see how much our players seemingly "grow" in 1 off-season and whether or not it was just the redundancy of the Mario "pound the rock" ethos that held them back.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Mario right now:
So here is what I am thinking on offense. Tyler hands the ball to Jaylon…no he fakes to Jaylon…no wait, he actually gives it to Jaylon. Then Jaylon runs into the back of the left guard as hard as he can with his eyes closed.

I need someone who can call this play for me 50 times a game. Would you like to be my new OC?