Trey Benson in transfer portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Trey Benson in transfer portal

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has lost another RB to the transfer portal with Trey Benson now intending to leave. Seems they'll need to find another in the transfer portal or late in recruiting, especially if they lose both Dye and Verdell.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Re: Trey Benson in transfer portal

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Makes me wonder whether something BIG is lined up if these guys are just announcing transfers now.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

You have to think that the reason Benson and Dollars (and, I guess, Cross) are transferring has to do with something they were told this week about the RB depth chart that's not public.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The two guys at the bottom of the depth chart are transferring. Frankly, part of me is happy because I think it increases the chances that our better players stay.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

StevensTechU wrote:The two guys at the bottom of the depth chart are transferring. Frankly, part of me is happy because I think it increases the chances that our better players stay.
Agreed. These guys have been here for 2+ years and had minimal impact. If we keep Benson, McGee, and find a serviceable transfer, awesome. Opens up spots for the new regime to improve upon one of the more disappointing position groups the last few years.

That said, with Mario’s depth charts based on anything but talent, I guess we really don’t know what we are losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Even in Mario's ultra-conservative, play-upper-classmen economy, Benson and Dollars both got passed on the depth chart by Cardwell, and it seems like by McGee as well. Given that reality, transfer by one or both was expected, especially if Dye and/or Verdell are sticking around another year, which hopefully these moves are a reaction to. We wish them good fortune wherever they end up, but they are probably doing the Ducks and themselves a favor.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phalanx wrote:Even in Mario's ultra-conservative, play-upper-classmen economy, Benson and Dollars both got passed on the depth chart by Cardwell, and it seems like by McGee as well. Given that reality, transfer by one or both was expected, especially if Dye and/or Verdell are sticking around another year, which hopefully these moves are a reaction to. We wish them good fortune wherever they end up, but they are probably doing the Ducks and themselves a favor.
Ya it Dye or Verdell stay, this is a no-brainer for them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:Even in Mario's ultra-conservative, play-upper-classmen economy, Benson and Dollars both got passed on the depth chart by Cardwell, and it seems like by McGee as well. Given that reality, transfer by one or both was expected, especially if Dye and/or Verdell are sticking around another year, which hopefully these moves are a reaction to. We wish them good fortune wherever they end up, but they are probably doing the Ducks and themselves a favor.
Dollars was out all year with an injury while Benson spent most of the off-season rehabbing and still looked a tad slow coming back. It'll be interesting to see what the RB depth chart looks like if Dollars can actually compete with Cardwell.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:
Dollars was out all year with an injury while Benson spent most of the off-season rehabbing and still looked a tad slow coming back. It'll be interesting to see what the RB depth chart looks like if Dollars can actually compete with Cardwell.
I thought Dollars was back in the portal? Hard to keep up.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
I thought Dollars was back in the portal? Hard to keep up.
He announced he was staying after speaking with Lanning tonight.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

glad he coming back, along with Seven, Lanning doing a great job keeping some of our guys