Chances of Beating Georgia?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Chances of Beating Georgia?

Post by UofDuck »

Before you say 0%, I’ll remind you there were a lot saying that last year too w/ tOSU and Georgia will be rebuilding/reloading.

That said, I’ll give us 20% chance. It’s our unknowns that will make us or break us and we have a lot of them.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Chances of Beating Georgia?

Post by Tray Dub »

I'll say 25%, we're in the same ballpark. Definitely the underdog but we should have a real shot.

I feel better about our chances than I did last year about tOSU and look how that turned out.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I like affirmations so I will go with 100%
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

25%
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

rockthief wrote:I like affirmations so I will go with 100%
Me too.

Georgia is the reigning national champ and like all major football powers, deserves our utmost respect.

That said, this isn't the Oregon of old. We've placed ourselves firmly on the national map and also demand respect.

(Note: See Ohio State game 2021)

I have to wonder how many Georgia fans are asking "what are our chances of beating Oregon?"

Straight up! :D :D :D
John 3:36
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

SuperDuck wrote:
rockthief wrote:I like affirmations so I will go with 100%
Me too.

Georgia is the reigning national champ and like all major football powers, deserves our utmost respect.

That said, this isn't the Oregon of old. We've placed ourselves firmly on the national map and also demand respect.

(Note: See Ohio State game 2021)

I have to wonder how many Georgia fans are asking "what are our chances of beating Oregon?"

Straight up! :D :D :D
I live in Georgia and I can tell you no one is losing any sleep here about Oregon opening the season with a big game east of the Mississippi. Just sayin, track record and all. Having said that, it would be a nice way to “announce our presence with authority!”

Go DUCKS!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

If we can have a healthy Sewel and Flowe on the field we might just have a puncher’s chance. Those two in a Lanning’s D should cause serious disruption to ANY team. Neither will be intimidated - in fact, they might bring their own to to the game.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Probably less than the odds of beating tOSU, but I definitely believe there's a reasonable chance, and seriously doubt the Ducks end up embarrassed.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Playing Ohio state in their hostile stadium and beating the Buckeyes without many of our stars was one of the most satisfying and unexpected wins in a long time. Saying that, I believe that the Buckeyes didn't play up to their standard (similar to when they loss to Michigan) in the game and we played much higher than our standard play in the first few quarters of that game. They didn't start to hit their stride until the later part of the game.

We will need one of those days where everything goes right for us and wrong or stagnant for the opponent to beat Georgia. But that's one of the advantages of playing these reloading behemoths very early in the season. Agree with the 20-25% chance of winning people have been predicting.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

28.79431%

I used the GAM.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:28.79431%

I used the GAM.
Yes, but it would be closer to 63.6948% that ND State would beat them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

10-15

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I used the GAM.
Good stuff right there.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UofDuck wrote:

I used the GAM.
Good stuff right there.
:lol:
Beautiful call back. Well done
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

50%

I think the Ohio State team Oregon beat last fall is better than this current Georgia team. I get it, the Dawgs are the defending champs, BUT they only return three starters on defense. Stetson Bennett comes back, but he doesn't have a generational defense behind him this go round. I'm not saying UGA's defense is going to be Swiss cheese, but to think they will replicate their historical production is pretty optimistic.

I think if Oregon can control the tempo and the scoreboard (7-10 pt lead), much as they did against Ohio State, I'm not sure Stetson Bennett is the guy to play well from a deficit. Obviously, the Ducks will have to take care of the ball and win the field position game, but this one is winnable.

I think the key will be to pressure Stetson, force a turnover or two, and allow the offense to work in plus territory.

Hopefully third time's the charm for these "neutral" site SEC contests :)