Most impressive player today?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Most impressive player today?

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Went to the spring game, took my 2 year old son for his first Autzen experience, lifelong dream achieved! Special moment, even though he lasted 1 1/2 quarters lol.

I wanted to see who impressed people the most. I was mostly impressed with DJ Johnson, he just bulldozed players or ran right by them. He looks like he lost weight and is way more athletic. He seems to be in the right position finally, obviously he did good things at TE but he seems to truly be a DE. It felt like half the plays he was in the backfield, I was just shocked to see how well he played and how much he dominated. Maybe it was the poor Oline play but I didn’t expect that type of performance today.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Most impressive player today?

Post by buckmarkduck »

DJ and LaDuke both flashed a lot today. If we can keep LaDuke and Flowe healthy, I’d like to see Bassa go back to safety. He could be really good if we use him in a roll like Jamal Adams.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DJ Johnson on defense.

Cota, Seven and Thorton on offense.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Pretty much mentioned but: DJ Johnson(looked considerably more quick twitch than I've ever seen him); Chase Cota(like Nick A said on the broadcast, should have been a duck all along!); Thornton/Franklin; Seven, and Christian Gonzales. Keith Brown also looked much quicker.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Went to the spring game, took my 2 year old son for his first Autzen experience, lifelong dream achieved! Special moment, even though he lasted 1 1/2 quarters lol.

I wanted to see who impressed people the most. I was mostly impressed with DJ Johnson, he just bulldozed players or ran right by them. He looks like he lost weight and is way more athletic. He seems to be in the right position finally, obviously he did good things at TE but he seems to truly be a DE. It felt like half the plays he was in the backfield, I was just shocked to see how well he played and how much he dominated. Maybe it was the poor Oline play but I didn’t expect that type of performance today.
Congrats on taking the kid to the spring game, that's awesome! NextGen Ducks
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:DJ Johnson on defense.

DJ’s stats are insane fo this game. Hopefully a sign of things to come this fall.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

DJ’s stats are insane fo this game. Hopefully a sign of things to come this fall.

He was impressive, but at the same time he went against a walk-on most of the game fwiw.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

He was impressive, but at the same time he went against a walk-on most of the game fwiw.
True and sacks in a spring game are easily given. Either way, still impressive!!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

True and sacks in a spring game are easily given. Either way, still impressive!!
How many years does DJ have left?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

Conversation heard behind me at the game.

"what number is Seven?"
"Seven"
"Yea Seven, what number is he"
"Seven is Seven"
"Oh that makes sense"