Concerns and confidences after spring game?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Re: Concerns and confidences after spring game?

Post by ducks5ever »

Not sure how I feel about Bo Nix. I haven't analyzed his game in depth but from what I've heard (so take this with a grain of salt), he'll play these games where you will want to put him in the Heisman conversation, but he'll also play these games where you're wondering how he's even the starter.

In a nutshell, he's just hot/cold, or inconsistent. It sounded like he can lead teams to winning seasons, but not take the team far into the post season because he's going to drop a game here or there just because.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ducks5ever wrote:Not sure how I feel about Bo Nix. I haven't analyzed his game in depth but from what I've heard (so take this with a grain of salt), he'll play these games where you will want to put him in the Heisman conversation, but he'll also play these games where you're wondering how he's even the starter.

In a nutshell, he's just hot/cold, or inconsistent. It sounded like he can lead teams to winning seasons, but not take the team far into the post season because he's going to drop a game here or there just because.

That’s better than the cold like warm then cold again for 8 games of Brown.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

ducks5ever wrote:Not sure how I feel about Bo Nix. I haven't analyzed his game in depth but from what I've heard (so take this with a grain of salt), he'll play these games where you will want to put him in the Heisman conversation, but he'll also play these games where you're wondering how he's even the starter.

Lanning said the goal was to get Nix to go through all his reads, run less and to bring his completion rate up from apx 55% to 60%. Oh, and also to not try to force plays, know when to just throw the ball away, etc.
John 3:36