Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Post by DuckzRule »

Apparently some sources are saying that USC and UCLA are planning to leave the Pac-12 for the Big 10 in 2024, which would be completely harmful for the other schools in the P12, especially in tradition terms.

Well Oregon may as well become the Alabama or Ohio State of the Pac-12 after USC leaves...
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oh no...

Post by DuckzRule »

Also do you guys think Oregon may leave the Pac-12 someday?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This goes one of two ways, either Kliavkoff saves the day (unlikely) or Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford follow USC and UCLA and the Big Ten kicks out a couple teams like Nebraska and persuades Notre Dame to join, and Clemson joins the SEC, and we have two power conferences, similar to the AFC and NFC that play for the national championship every year. NCAA and Pac-12 are just too far behind.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Yeah, if this is true then the Pac-12 is toast.

Oregon is too big of a brand to get thrown out with the bathwater, though. The Ducks will join another conference, and this might be the last major domino to fall to really spur the creation of super-conferences.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pezsez1 wrote:Yeah, if this is true then the Pac-12 is toast.

Oregon is too big of a brand to get thrown out with the bathwater, though. The Ducks will join another conference, and this might be the last major domino to fall to really spur the creation of super-conferences.
I think of it more as a super division, there will be the FCS, FBS, and the new super division that’s pretty much the Big Ten and SEC after adding the big teams kicking out the small teams.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Unfortunately, this probably means Oregon becomes a B1G school. That’s a lot of boring football and basketball I’m going to have to endure in the future. Also fewer roads games we can attend. Scumbag move by SC and UCLA.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Southern Cal & UCLA looking to move to Big10

Post by Bud Lee »

What are people thinking about this?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

No more OS vs UO. I assume the big also takes UO and UW, and the rest of the conference either adds MWC schools or join with the big 12
greenyellow

Re: Southern Cal & UCLA looking to move to Big10

Post by greenyellow »

This whole realignment stuff is just plain stupidity. Seems schools and boosters have lost the entire reasoning behind college athletics and are going to end up blowing it up completely.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Really dislike this new era were in. Past alliances and relationships are being torn apart just for a quick buck these days.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Also, remember those idiots, CU, UU and the Arizona schools, who voted against adding Texas and OU. They killed the pac.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Sounds like they are estimating an additional 40 mill a year in tv revenues with the move :shock:
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Bud Lee wrote:Sounds like they are estimating an additional 40 mill a year in tv revenues with the move :shock:

ding ding why else would they leave. has to be money as
the travel would be way much more then in pac 12. and getting to face
ohio state a lot more in football.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

As college football changes and we see super conferences emerge (Big Ten and SEC), my biggest question is if they’ll stay with the NCAA or if they’ll start their own league. I know the SEC talked about ditching the NCAA. Hopefully with new leadership and the incompetent Husky gone the NCAA can embrace this and effectively monitor it like they should’ve done with NIL deals then we won’t lose rivalries. But if the NCAA continues to be stubborn and act like we’re still in the 90’s then they’ll get left behind and rivalry games will be gone, imagine no longer playing Oregon State. I really hope Oregon ends up joining the Big Ten if Kliavkoff can’t pull off a miracle for the Pac-12, no doubt Oregon’s brand is big enough to be in a super conference it’s just up to Mullens and Schill to make it happen and I think they will.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

What a weird time to be alive. The conference is definitely toast and I’m going to miss it. Basically all the nostalgia that makes me love college football so much will be gone. Meh.