Looking for recommendations for going to a game in-person

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Looking for recommendations for going to a game in-person

Post by DuckzRule »

After a little thinking, I decided to actually try to save money to go to United States (I don't live there) and go to what would be my first ever attended sports game (with some family members as well), the 2023 Oregon vs. Texas Tech game.

So far I've been trying to investigate about how Jones AT&T Stadium is but what I don't have any clue about how going to an actual game feels like, any recommendations?
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Re: Looking for recommendations for going to a game in-perso

Post by duck92 »

" I don't have any clue about how going to an actual game feels like, any recommendations?" I'm not sure what exactly you're asking. You'll be excited, most likely a little nervous. My suggestion is to get to the stadium a little early and find a tailgate party. Get to the stadium a little early and walk around to get a full understanding of how big a stadium it is. Wear duck gear and enjoy the experience.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Normally for a road game like this if you go to a message board of the hosting team and ask this they will gladly give you a ton of recommendations and sometimes even invite you to a tailgate. I found many Texan fans to be funny and even good losers when required. They are also very prideful of their city/school/state and will want to guide you to see the best of the locale.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

duck92 wrote:" I don't have any clue about how going to an actual game feels like, any recommendations?" I'm not sure what exactly you're asking. You'll be excited, most likely a little nervous. My suggestion is to get to the stadium a little early and find a tailgate party. Get to the stadium a little early and walk around to get a full understanding of how big a stadium it is. Wear duck gear and enjoy the experience.
Thanks for those tips
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I own a house / rental in Lubbock. You could potentially use that