The Witchita Eagle: "Chris Harper will mull his options"

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

5$
Five Star Recruit

The Witchita Eagle: "Chris Harper will mull his options"

Post by 5$ »

http://www.kansas.com/sports/updates/story/711082.html

The article quotes speculation from Chris' brother, Ladale Harper, about Chris seriously considering transferring to Kansas State.

I hope it's just hogwash and that he doesn't go.
Last edited by 5$ on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: The Witchita Eagle: Chris Harper Will Mull His Options

Post by duckgrad99 »

I thought Harper himself rejected this nonsense?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

This is nothing at all. Kansas State has the most biased reporters this side of Fox News. When somebody actually talks to CH and he says he's thinking about it, fine, we'll start to worry. Until then, this is a waste of time.
ivegottabigduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by ivegottabigduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:I thought Harper himself rejected this nonsense?
At one point he did in a local interview. Who knows what is going on. The only real possible scenario I could see is that he is framing this as homesick but in reality doesn't get that he can't throw and thinks by going there he will get another shot at QB...thus completely eliminating his chances of a high draft pick.
NCDucks09
Senior

Re: The Witchita Eagle: "Chris Harper will mull his options"

Post by NCDucks09 »

If we don't get Brown, we should play Harper at RB, he has the size and speed.

If we get Brown, play Harper at slot WR this year.

Harper is staying at Oregon.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Harper's situation, according to his older brother, has no bearing on the extended recruitment of East running back Bryce Brown, who is also considering Oregon and K-State.
:lol:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Has Brian Butler been talking to Harper's brother? :lol:
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Tray Dub wrote:This is nothing at all. Kansas State has the most biased reporters this side of Fox News. When somebody actually talks to CH and he says he's thinking about it, fine, we'll start to worry. Until then, this is a waste of time.
Fox news biased? Yeah cause the other news outlets have no agenda...give me a freaking break. Fox is the only news outlet that reports anything close to the truth.

I do agree that this is BS though. If there's no quotes from Chris himself then there is nothing to take seriously in this article.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:This is nothing at all. Kansas State has the most biased reporters this side of Fox News. When somebody actually talks to CH and he says he's thinking about it, fine, we'll start to worry. Until then, this is a waste of time.
Fox news biased? Yeah cause the other news outlets have no agenda...give me a freaking break. Fox is the only news outlet that reports anything close to the truth.
I want everyone to give me credit for not going apesh*t at DT=DD right now. Because my natural reaction is to e-yell at him right now. My vicodin is probably chilling me out too, but still. This took self-control.

DT=DD: this is all I'm going to say so as we don't threadjack this. Fox News is the most biased neoconservative network on television. Does CNN suck? Kinda. Does MSNBC suck? Absolutely. But is Fox the worst? You betcha.

Sorry. Continue on with the fake Chris Harper story errbody
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Tray Dub wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
I want everyone to give me credit for not going apesh*t at DT=DD right now. Because my natural reaction is to e-yell at him right now. My vicodin is probably chilling me out too, but still. This took self-control.

DT=DD: this is all I'm going to say so as we don't threadjack this. Fox News is the most biased neoconservative network on television. Does CNN suck? Kinda. Does MSNBC suck? Absolutely. But is Fox the worst? You betcha.

:lol: It's funny cause I felt the same way. It took a whole lot of self control to not go on a huge rant of my own. I take it your a liberal, well I'm a conservative so I think we may just have to agree to disagree. I don't get my news from either the conserative or liberal media. I do my own research & come to my own conclusions. I encourage you to try it out, you'd be surprised at the amount of BS that is pumped into your head by the media, on all sides. Now I don't want to thread jack either so carry on about CH guys.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:

:lol: It's funny cause I felt the same way. It took a whole lot of self control to not go on a huge rant of my own. I take it your a liberal, well I'm a conservative so I think we may just have to agree to disagree. I don't get my news from either the conserative or liberal media. I do my own research & come to my own conclusions. I encourage you to try it out, you'd be surprised at the amount of BS that is pumped into your head by the media, on all sides. Now I don't want to thread jack either so carry on about CH guys.
Last thing: I'm not a liberal. I'm a fiscal conservative, social libertarian. Basically I'm a libertarian. But I don't like to define myself with labels. Now when you say you're a conservative, I wonder if you mean neoconservative or just conservative. But whatevs. If you wanna continue this, PM me.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

As Grandma used to say, "Take it outside, boys!"

Sheesh!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

jimmyg
Two Star Recruit

Post by jimmyg »

If BB comes to Oregon, Harper is here to stay. If he doesn't, and CH isn't feeling it in the Spring, I bet he will want to leave by the end of June Qtr. But, with KSU on our future schedule, would our staff grant the release? That could get sticky, especially with this reporter doing almost recruiting interviews with CH and family.
jhopduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by jhopduck »

Funny how EVERY Chris Harper transferring story originates from KS media. EVERY TIME!!
Kids enrolled, practicing. That to me tells it all right there.
Twitter: @JHopkins541

Email: duckterritoryjustin@gmail.com
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

There's no question we need to hear things from CH himself before we get paranoid. Having said that, what his brother is quoted as saying fits about exactly what I was imagining based on CH's earlier comments to Kansas media. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he really wants to see how Spring ball goes and how he thinks he fits in to the Ducks' plans. I don't necessarily think he requires that he be tried again at QB, just that he wants to see himself well-involved in the offense, somehow. I'm not yet convinced he can't be QB, though it seems like late last year I read some quotes from Bellotti in one of the Portland media to that effect. I'm really curious as to what Chip thinks and how he plans to utilize him this year.