Visitors for BGSU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Visitors for BGSU

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is hosting a small contingent of recruits for the BGSU game, with it mainly being current commits and PNW recruits: https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/i ... iver_index
Image
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Savell Smalls would be a huge pickup. I don't follow recruiting much but I heard Florida State is the presumed leader for him; is that true?
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Savell Smalls would be a huge pickup. I don't follow recruiting much but I heard Florida State is the presumed leader for him; is that true?
Wouldn't surprise me since his HS coach is good friends with Taggart now and seems to be pushing his best athletes towards them.
Image
TualatinDuck
Senior
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
Location: Tualatin

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Post by TualatinDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Savell Smalls would be a huge pickup. I don't follow recruiting much but I heard Florida State is the presumed leader for him; is that true?
Wouldn't surprise me since his HS coach is good friends with Taggart now and seems to be pushing his best athletes towards them.
Must have been one hell of a hummer!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Post by greenyellow »

Interesting tidbit from Smalls about Herbert. I wonder if the pull of playing with his brother is enough to overcome the pull of the NFL.
Image
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4999
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Post by Phalanx »

It would be huge for the program if Herbert stayed, but I am curious how much of a selling point it would actually be to a linebacker recruit.

My son and I were by the tunnel when the visitors were walking through. I don't know anything about recruits and what they look like, but it appeared to me that there were a number of them with what looked like their coaches. They seemed excited to be there, taking pictures of fans, etc. Kind of fun to watch, and fun to watch my son take it all in for the first time.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Visitors for BGSU

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:It would be huge for the program if Herbert stayed, but I am curious how much of a selling point it would actually be to a linebacker recruit.

My son and I were by the tunnel when the visitors were walking through. I don't know anything about recruits and what they look like, but it appeared to me that there were a number of them with what looked like their coaches. They seemed excited to be there, taking pictures of fans, etc. Kind of fun to watch, and fun to watch my son take it all in for the first time.
It likely means nothing for Smalls since he's a 2020 guy but it's something he heard this past weekend so he decided to pass it on. According to Andrew Nemec, he was told by a 2019 QB recruit that Herbert was most likely coming back in 2019.
Image
Post Reply