Isaiah Manderson

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uostudent
Senior

Re: Isaiah Manderson

Post by uostudent »

oregontrack wrote:honestly we look like a slightly better version of washington from last year, with one really good/elite scorer and a lot of faceless role players everywhere else.

we'll add a few more pieces (probably) and see where we are in a few months. this is not the first time we've been uneasy about a season prior to tip-off under dana altman, and as of yet he's never delivered a dud. and, as always, fans either give way too much love, or are way too hard, on their own team. i remember arguing with some of you people before the '13 season who were so caught up in losing devoe joseph and olu ashaolu and garrett sim... nobody took into account what the rest of the pac-12 lost, they were only concerned about what we were dealing with. "we've lost SO MUCH TALENT!..." well, sure. but so did a lot of other teams, and all of those fans are having these same sky-is-falling posts on their sites. *someone* has to rise above and win ballgames.
That's a fair comparison. Wilcox and Joe Young are both kinda one dimensional players - scorers. I think last year's Washington team is more talented. Nigel Williams-Goss is a good player and Perris Blackwell was productive.

I do like Jordan Bell a lot, despite the fact that he is raw. Dwayne Benjamin is a pretty intriguing player. Altman better pray that Ahmaad Rorie/Casey Benson are able to contribute as freshmen PG's. On the other hard, it's hard to imagine them being worse than Artis (last season). Whoever plays PG will likely be a pretty big step down from Loyd offensively. The center position will again be pretty bad.

I would expect this year's Oregon team to be similar to Altman's first year. Maybe finish 10th/11th in the Pac12.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I almost get the feeling the Administration isn't pushing any new hires because they are hoping Altman will resign and they can start fresh (again).
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

which is a damn shame.
ImageImageImageImageImage
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

why would Altman resign?
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

uostudent wrote:
oregontrack wrote:honestly we look like a slightly better version of washington from last year, with one really good/elite scorer and a lot of faceless role players everywhere else.

we'll add a few more pieces (probably) and see where we are in a few months. this is not the first time we've been uneasy about a season prior to tip-off under dana altman, and as of yet he's never delivered a dud. and, as always, fans either give way too much love, or are way too hard, on their own team. i remember arguing with some of you people before the '13 season who were so caught up in losing devoe joseph and olu ashaolu and garrett sim... nobody took into account what the rest of the pac-12 lost, they were only concerned about what we were dealing with. "we've lost SO MUCH TALENT!..." well, sure. but so did a lot of other teams, and all of those fans are having these same sky-is-falling posts on their sites. *someone* has to rise above and win ballgames.
That's a fair comparison. Wilcox and Joe Young are both kinda one dimensional players - scorers. I think last year's Washington team is more talented. Nigel Williams-Goss is a good player and Perris Blackwell was productive.

I do like Jordan Bell a lot, despite the fact that he is raw. Dwayne Benjamin is a pretty intriguing player. Altman better pray that Ahmaad Rorie/Casey Benson are able to contribute as freshmen PG's. On the other hard, it's hard to imagine them being worse than Artis (last season). Whoever plays PG will likely be a pretty big step down from Loyd offensively. The center position will again be pretty bad.

I would expect this year's Oregon team to be similar to Altman's first year. Maybe finish 10th/11th in the Pac12.

Altman has pulled it together 4 years in a row and he will have a good to very good team in place by the start of the year. I have seen Casey Benson play several times and he is an upgrade from Artis. Benson has good size, court awareness and a D-1 jumpshot. Altman just got a prep forward and will have another backline big by the time school starts. This team is miles ahead of first duck team in terms of talent and he has shown the ability to mold a cohesive unit.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Looks like he chose Texas Tech. Bummer, he would have played right away here.