Oregon invited to 2016 Maui Invitational

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon invited to 2016 Maui Invitational

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is going back to the Maui Invitational in 2016 against a pretty loaded field. Hopefully by that time, Altman will have the team reloaded and primed for a deep run into the NCAA Tournament.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon invited to 2016 Maui Invitational

Post by Phenom »

Wow! Great opportunity.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Hopefully we can hold on to everyone in the next few years. We could be absolutely loaded with talent in 2016. Especially if Chandler redshirts this year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think we'll eventually see Chandler play this year so in all likelihood, only 4 players from this current team are likely to be on the team that plays in Hawaii. That means about 3/4 of the roster for the 2016-17 team aren't even here yet. Altman really needs to get going on filling out this year's recruiting class to start rebuilding the roster.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

greenyellow wrote:I think we'll eventually see Chandler play this year so in all likelihood, only 4 players from this current team are likely to be on the team that plays in Hawaii. That means about 3/4 of the roster for the 2016-17 team aren't even here yet. Altman really needs to get going on filling out this year's recruiting class to start rebuilding the roster.
Bell, Benson, Rorie, Brooks, Small, and Manuel... That's one hell of a core to build around.

Plus we're in the mix for Blakeney, Dorsey and Kapita for next year, all big time blue chip guys. And who knows what's going on in Lyle's head. Either way, I think the future is really bright. I'm excited. I feel like we're building something for the first time in a long time.

Impossible to predict what happens with Chandler. We don't even know what his issue is. I've had two menisectomies myself, and I have a hard time believing he's still not practicing if that's his only problem and his surgery was in early July. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't see him until next season.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Who's the second ("G") team?
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Greenblood that's Georgetown
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Greenblood wrote:Who's the second ("G") team?
Georgetown Hoyas.

It looks like Tennessee, Ok St and Chaminade are the only programs without a National Championship in BB in the tourney field.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

Greenblood wrote:Who's the second ("G") team?
Georgetown-what an outstanding field, maybe one of the top group of teams ever. Lived there for several years and it is an outstanding tournament to attend, watching top notch b-ball in close quarters.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Thanks all. Awhile to wait, but sure nice to be a part of.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

That's pretty awesome, but wish this was more like 2017 where we'd actually have some seasoned JRs... Going to be hard to win with a team of mostly freshmen and sophomores.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

UOducksTK1 wrote:That's pretty awesome, but wish this was more like 2017 where we'd actually have some seasoned JRs... Going to be hard to win with a team of mostly freshmen and sophomores.
Isn't the 2016 Maui invitational the season after next? It will be Benson/Bell/Brooks/Rorie's junior season, and Small/Manuel's (and hopefully at least two of Lyle/Kapita/Dorsey/Blakeney) sophomore season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Kyle's Brother wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:That's pretty awesome, but wish this was more like 2017 where we'd actually have some seasoned JRs... Going to be hard to win with a team of mostly freshmen and sophomores.
Isn't the 2016 Maui invitational the season after next? It will be Benson/Bell/Brooks/Rorie's junior season, and Small/Manuel's (and hopefully at least two of Lyle/Kapita/Dorsey/Blakeney) sophomore season.
It is since the main part of the tournament is held on Monday-Wednesday of Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully by the time Oregon shows up in 2016, the young guys on this year's team will be the core of the team and Altman will have filled in the roster with two more classes of FR and JCs.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Kyle's Brother wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. That'll be much better.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Benson, Rorie, Brooks, Bell will all be juniors in 2016.