Top 50 '16 PG Commits!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Top 50 '16 PG Commits!

Post by Phenom »

In-state PG, Payton Pritchard, has committed to the good guys! Dana is doing work!

http://ducksattack.com/ducks-land-in-st ... pritchard/
Last edited by Phenom on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdm0302
Freshman

Re: Top 50 '16 PG Commits!

Post by mdm0302 »

i love it!!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That was kinda of sudden. This seemed to have caught even some recruiting writers off-guard, since they were under the impression he wouldn't commit to anyone else until he took a few more visits. Great get by Altman to keep an in-state talent home.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

great pickup for Dana and rest of coaching staff!!!
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Huge.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Yes! I've seen him play quite a bit, kid is a stud.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

I think this may be a signature commit for Altman. Like Payton was for Miller, or Elliott was for Olson. As good as the Ducks have been under Altman, they haven't had a player that really captures the fan bases attention with an identity. Pritchard might be that guy. He's definitely the best PG to come out of the state in a couple of decades. If he fulfills his full potential, Altman might have put his stamp on the NW. Great pickup that really helps the program.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Yes! I've seen him play quite a bit, kid is a stud.
I can't remember who else said this on this board but thats not the first time I've heard that here. He's got impressive tape for sure.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Really excited about this pickup and it has nothing to do with the fact that he's an in state player.

Watch Payton Pritchard's film - it's really impressive. His basketball IQ and awareness are off the charts - he has great vision, is an excellent passer and moves really well without the ball. Is a very good catch-and-shoot shooter.

You can tell that he's studied Chris Paul quite a bit. Not comparing him to Paul since CP3 is one of the best point guards of all time, but Pritchard looks like he models his game after Paul.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I take this as a harbinger of growth in the program. We definitely would have lost this kid to an out-of-state school in the past. Keep it up, Altman!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Watched film and the first player i thought of was Luke Ridnour. Only a quicker version and
maybe a better shooter. He has excellent court vision. Noticed his head was always up and
aware of where the other players were. Has a nice looking shot and quick release.

Pretty good moves to the basket. He will be tough to guard as you cant give him room to
shoot, but he will hit the open man if you do press him tight. I am really excited about this
commitment as he will fit nice with the young players we have coming in. Dana is really hitting
it on all cylinders now. Really a bright future i believe...
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I've reffed this kid and his team several times over the last couple years.
I'm glad he's going to be a Duck. Offensively I don't think will be his area of struggle. Defensively is another story. I guess you can say that about a lot of HS players, but that will be the question in my mind he'll need to answer.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

bellsduck wrote:I've reffed this kid and his team several times over the last couple years.
I'm glad he's going to be a Duck. Offensively I don't think will be his area of struggle. Defensively is another story. I guess you can say that about a lot of HS players, but that will be the question in my mind he'll need to answer.
So basically you think he'll be a great college PG.

Great to see Pritchard pick the Ducks, I have a feeling proximity trumped this time around.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Wow! This kid has been killing Oregon basketball since his freshman year. Huge get