sabrina ionescu commits

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

sabrina ionescu commits

Post by oregontrack »

the #4 recruit in the country, adding yet another elite talent to what was already a top 10 class. kelly graves is a magician.
ImageImageImageImageImage
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Re: sabrina ionescu commits

Post by DAT#6 »

This is so amazing! We are pretty stcked at the 1 can she play 2 as well?
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

This is so amazing! We are pretty stcked at the 1 can she play 2 as well?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

indeed she can. she's a pure combo guard, she'll play anywhere on the perimeter and be our best player.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Graves pulled in a massive class even before Ionescu but now it's just insane the amount of young talent he'll have next year. I'm sure they'll go through some growing pains but they should be exciting to watch once they do figure it out.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Very impressive class

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i'm hardly an expert on the women's program, but i went to a few games and watched several on tv. based on who returns and the mega class we have coming in, i assume we're going to start 3 freshmen:

5'10 maite cazorla, so
5'10 sabrina ionescu, fr (#4 recruit)
6'3 sierra campisano, fr (#14 recruit)
6'4 ruthy hebard, fr (#41 recruit)
6'6 jacinta vandenberg, sr

lexi bando is our most experienced returnee, but i really don't see how she starts over ionescu. but nothing wrong with a vet who can shoot the 3 as your 6th man. vandenberg played well in place of jillian alyene in the wnit and its hard to teach that kind of height, but our incoming class is stocked with front court talent so we should see a pretty stable rotation. our other returnees didn't play a whole lot, so i'd bank on a lot of bench contributions from more freshmen: morgan yeager, a guard, and mallory mcgwire, a forward, were both top 100 recruits.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I'm really excited about Ruthy Hebard. It sounds like a stretch to say that the #41 recruit in the country is underrated, but I think she's going to emerge as even better than that.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yeah -- signing Ionescu was that last hoped for piece of this recruiting class that truly makes it phenomenal. I wonder if it could be the greatest recruiting class the Ducks have had in any sport ever -- at least other than T&F.

http://www.goducks.com//ViewArticle.dbm ... =211025187
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Greenblood wrote:Yeah -- signing Ionescu was that last hoped for piece of this recruiting class that truly makes it phenomenal. I wonder if it could be the greatest recruiting class the Ducks have had in any sport ever -- at least other than T&F.

Oregon did sign the #1 ranked recruiting class in the country for softball last year.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Thanks.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Softball also has number one class for this next years class too, including the top two pitchers
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Real nice Moseley piece on Ionescu's being the cherry on top of this recruiting class, which apparently finished #3 in the nation as judged by ESPN.

http://www.goducks.com//ViewArticle.dbm ... =211043639
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Basketball is going to be really fun to follow next season, for both men and women.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Greenblood wrote:Yeah -- signing Ionescu was that last hoped for piece of this recruiting class that truly makes it phenomenal. I wonder if it could be the greatest recruiting class the Ducks have had in any sport ever -- at least other than T&F.

Actually have we had the #1 class in T&F? I don't hear much about the rankings in T&F for some reason.

But as others have said, softball did get the #1 recruiting class for next year. Volleyball got the #2 recruiting class.
With that being said, those two programs have had greatly ranked classes the past few years, and have fallen short (especially volleyball at 16-14 last year). Teams really need a gelling factor that can make them great, and Graves has said that will be Ionescu.