Stanford @ #11 Oregon (Saturday 3 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

cordy02c
Senior

Re: Stanford @ #11 Oregon (Saturday 3 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by cordy02c »

only negative way too many sloppy turnovers
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I find it amazing that Oregon is just blowing everyone out even if they aren't clicking on all cylinders for most of the game.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Phenom wrote:Bell's offensive development has been amazing to see. Not sure if I've ever seen something like that.
You could always see glimpses of Bells offense, but he was just in too big a hurry and out of control. People on here thought I was crazy when I said Bell was an excellent passer his second season. The game has really slowed down for him this year and he has really upped his intensity in the last dozen games or so. His footwork on offense has been the biggest improvement in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Phenom wrote:Bell's offensive development has been amazing to see. Not sure if I've ever seen something like that.
You could always see glimpses of Bells offense, but he was just in too big a hurry and out of control. People on here thought I was crazy when I said Bell was an excellent passer his second season. The game has really slowed down for him this year and he has really upped his intensity in the last dozen games or so. His footwork on offense has been the biggest improvement in my mind.

I hope to see that sort of improvement from Bigby next year.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phenom wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:

Does Oregon send their bigs to a bigs camp? Just wondering RE: Bell and footwork this year compared to last. TIA
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

nogerO wrote:
Phenom wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:

Does Oregon send their bigs to a bigs camp? Just wondering RE: Bell and footwork this year compared to last. TIA
Pretty impressive to dominate the way they did even though they were playing sloppy and turning it over a lot.

Agree on Bell. I saw glimpses last year, especially late in the year, and heard he was working really hard on his ball handling and offensive moves all summer. Really paying off, and have you noticed that his free throw shooting has improved too?

Payton Pritchard is really coming into his own too. He's special y'all. He's going to be All conference and maybe all American before his career is done.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

I haven't been able to watch the game( had to work) but listened to it on my way home. Jerry Allen said Brooks has a sprained foot. Not an ankle, but foot. Sounded encouraging. Hopefully he'll be back for Arizona.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO wrote:
Phenom wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:

I believe that McKenna is primarily responsible for working with them (while Stubblefield works with the guards), with Mennenga providing additional instruction.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Phenom wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:

I believe that McKenna is primarily responsible for working with them (while Stubblefield works with the guards), with Mennenga providing additional instruction.
Thanks. It's obvious he put in some serious work. The difference is amazing.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

OregonDonor wrote:Payton Pritchard is really coming into his own too. He's special y'all. He's going to be All conference and maybe all American before his career is done.
I think he's a 4-year player too. He will be the guy when Brooks leaves.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:I find it amazing that Oregon is just blowing everyone out even if they aren't clicking on all cylinders for most of the game.
Our 3 point shooting in the first half was money.

But yeah another blowout win, it's pretty amazing. Utah and Colorado on the road is always a tough one. Good test for the ducks coming up.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I find it amazing that Oregon is just blowing everyone out even if they aren't clicking on all cylinders for most of the game.
Our 3 point shooting in the first half was money.

But yeah another blowout win, it's pretty amazing. Utah and Colorado on the road is always a tough one. Good test for the ducks coming up.
Altman is 0-for Boulder so far. Plus it looks like Utah is playing really good ball right now whipping the puppies in Seattle.

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Bell improvement is encouraging like has been noted, I'm also pleased with the team as a whole defense the last few weeks. Payton and Casey have been playing well the last few weeks too.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bell is starting to remind me of a better defensive version of Taj Gibson as he's becoming proficient near the basket. KBW is raw for sure but loaded with potential. The bigs are all improving nicely to the point that Sorkin is logging decent minutes and fitting in nicely.
webfoot72
One Star Recruit

Post by webfoot72 »

Anyone know why Bell switched numbers? He wore #32 last night instead of his #1.