Four Star Recruit

We are now #1 in the P12

Post by Ducks10 »

Thank you UCLA!!
thomas time
Senior

Re: We are now #1 in the P12

Post by thomas time »

YEEEES thank you UCLA!! They couldn't make a 3 towards the end of the first half, but luckily starting hitting some in the second half. Holiday wasn't doing much, then hit two big threes and got an offensive rebound and layup late in the game to help.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

And gonzaga just lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Is it more accurate to say that we are now tied #1 in the P12? I read on a message board we'll be co-champions and tie-breaker only matters for tournament seeding. Anyone know any better?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

5$ wrote:Is it more accurate to say that we are now tied #1 in the P12? I read on a message board we'll be co-champions and tie-breaker only matters for tournament seeding. Anyone know any better?
More accurate is that while they'll be tied for the regular season title, Oregon will be the #1 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament if (and when) they beat the Beavers.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:
5$ wrote:Is it more accurate to say that we are now tied #1 in the P12? I read on a message board we'll be co-champions and tie-breaker only matters for tournament seeding. Anyone know any better?
More accurate is that while they'll be tied for the regular season title, Oregon will be the #1 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament if (and when) they beat the Beavers.
Except it won't be a tie, we will finish a 1/2 game up.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
I'm not sure i follow, how will we be a 1/2 game up on AZ? If both teams win out their records will be 16-2.

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

duxforlyfe wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
I'm not sure i follow, how will we be a 1/2 game up on AZ? If both teams win out their records will be 16-2.

I think because we beat Arizona so we would get #1
Return Of the Quack!
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

greenyellow wrote:
And UCLA/Zona will be on the other side of the bracket. :)
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Just need to beat the pesky Beavis.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Not sure where people are getting that Oregon will have a 1/2 game lead due to the tie-breaker. It doesn't work like that since 1/2 games only come into play when teams don't play the same number of games. Since all conference teams play 18 games and Oregon and Arizona will both likely have 16-2 records, they'll be in a statistical tie and co-champions. The tiebreaker over Arizona is just for seeding purposes at the conference tourney.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Even though I doubt it happens I'll be rooting hard for ASU next Sat, maybe with an intense home crowd they can upset the Wildcats and Oregon is the outright conference champs! Though if Zona loses would that hurt Oregon's chances at the 1 seed in the west?

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Really could care less in hoops about Co-Champs vs outright.

What's important is March seeding, and that involves UA winning to make us look better.