Greenblood
Senior

Men's 2019-20 Basketball Schedule Finalized

Post by Greenblood »

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Men's 2019-20 Basketball Schedule Finalized

Post by Merganzer »

This season the Ducks have 5 of the last 7 games at home. At first I thought that with Altman's teams trend of playing better at the end of the season that this was perfect. But, would it possibly be better to have the home game advantage when you're not playing as well, and then take on the road games when playing your best?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Merganzer wrote:This season the Ducks have 5 of the last 7 games at home. At first I thought that with Altman's teams trend of playing better at the end of the season that this was perfect. But, would it possibly be better to have the home game advantage when you're not playing as well, and then take on the road games when playing your best?
Ha! Too much overthinking, or maybe not. I think it’s always nice to end the season with more home games than not!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Merganzer wrote:This season the Ducks have 5 of the last 7 games at home. At first I thought that with Altman's teams trend of playing better at the end of the season that this was perfect. But, would it possibly be better to have the home game advantage when you're not playing as well, and then take on the road games when playing your best?
Ha! Too much overthinking, or maybe not. I think it’s always nice to end the season with more home games than not!
Well, it pretty much guarantees a hot finish...which I think we would prefer to the alternative.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

If the team follows the Altman pattern of coming together late and pulling off a string of victories, it would have been better to have some of those victories on the road, since road wins are such a big deal in all the formulas. Here's hoping that won't matter though, given the talent that has been assembled this year, along with an experienced PG in Pritchard. Hopefully the ducks can get the jump on teams early in the season as well as late.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Is it wrong of me that of regular season games, I most want to win at Colorado(or at least top 3 with UW/Gonzaga)? :lol:

They are actually a projected tournament team by some this year, but man, f*** Tad Boyle/Pac-12 Refs/everything about playing there.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrantDuck wrote:Is it wrong of me that of regular season games, I most want to win at Colorado(or at least top 3 with UW/Gonzaga)? :lol:

They are actually a projected tournament team by some this year, but man, f*** Tad Boyle/Pac-12 Refs/everything about playing there.
Absolutely...NOT wrong. I feel exactly the same about Boyle. It always angers me just seeing him during the games against the Bluffs.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Practice starts today. There's also a planned "secret" scrimmage against another squad coming up, but not sure who that's against yet.